State Trooper says he was forced to change arrest report for judge's daughter | MassCops

State Trooper says he was forced to change arrest report for judge's daughter

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Nov 8, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Uh oh.....

3. btoc343

btoc343 MassCops Member

Don't you think the judge should be looked into as well for his involvement in this

4. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Why, the kid was just being a rookie moron by putting the direct quotes into the report. Make notes and submit to DA when you are writing it up, putting on the report is being a dick. It sounds like he does not like being second guessed or told what to do. I really love the way he cant sleep at night. Get a life kid.

PBC FL Cop and USAF3424 like this.
  5. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Mortgages, kids, and cancer are what keep me up at night. Not some judges daughter.

pahapoika, PBC FL Cop and USAF3424 like this.
  6. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Also not a fight I would want to fight

pahapoika, Goose, Bloodhound and 2 others like this.
  7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Gonna be a rough career with this start.

BxDetSgt likes this.
  8. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Damned if you do damned if you don't, but if you don't you'll most likely end up with a shitty assignment vs on the news but then he could have gone to another dept which looks like he came from Canton? Without a reputation of a guy that changes is reports.

9. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

He did not substantively change a report, he edited it to take out extraneous information that did not need to be there. Did he charge her with offering sex? If not no reason to put statements in report. They can be documented in his notes instead of put verbatim in a public document. That is why you put the minimum required in a document like that. There are certain things that need to be specifically documented, mainly investigative reports (who said or did what and when), but complaints and booking sheets are more like receipts and should be kept very basic. That is why they told him to edit the statements out of the report. There is the possibility of a civil suit against the agency if salacious statements are put on a public document and they are not connected with the charges she was arrested for.

PBC FL Cop, Truck and Edmizer1 like this.
  10. JD02124

Ahhhh ok. Was under the impression they were up in arms because the report had be edited not because of the irrelivent statements to the arrest. My work computer isn’t the greatest.

11. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

The way I'm taking it is that they're not just upset because the report was ordered changed, but also the how, who and why it was changed. The argument that was made in the original story was that it would have never been changed if it was Joe the plumber's kid and the only reason the order was given was to save her father some embarrassment.

12. JD02124

Well yea but couldn’t the argument be made it was changed due to irrelevantl information?

PBC FL Cop likes this.
  13. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Very interesting, and shows the differences between East and West Coast LE. ALL her statements would be in my report, and you can’t change my report or order me to remove things, at the Supervisors peril. My reports contain any and all information gleaned during my investigation, including offers of sex, etc.

Should I be told to add/change/delete items that are, or could be chargeable, my response is, has been, and always will be “see SGT/LT/xxx supplemental report.” I’ve even put a Chiefs name as a supplemental writer...

I’m NOT going to be raped on the stand by a defense attorney when asked “is this a complete record of what happened Officer..?”

Just my .02.

14. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Sorry BX but no notes to the DA here in MA. If it isn't documented in the report it will never be admissible. Also the comment shows her ownership of the substance for the possession charge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

visible25, brk120, GARDA and 2 others like this.
  15. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

I've been informed to change/add a charge on a few of my arrest reports over the years, but never to remove/alter any statements containing evidentiary value. When appropriate (i.e.: toxicology info will upgrade a PI crash, to a OUIL crash w/PI where no FST's/(P)BT were possible because victim was transported by EMS from scene, blah-blah-blah...) it's all good, but when I was once "asked" to change/add charges to one of my reports (already submitted/approved) for "other" reasons.. NOPE. I would not. I then told the co-worker who "asked" me to do so that they were free to add their own supplement/addendum to my report if they wished, that co-worker then said to me, "Let's just see what the Lt. has to say about this!" Guess what folks, the Lt. knew that it was my discretion to charge or not charge as I saw fit. End of discussion. Remember, it is never the wrong moment to do the right thing... and honor is a gift you give yourself.

Kilvinsky, LawMan3 and brk120 like this.
  16. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Did the colonel and major fail an integrity check? And any negative shit that comes the trooper’s way, will result in the shit giver having their shit pushed in for fucking with a whistleblower.

17. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Should have thanked the trooper for his Integrity, asked if he could help out ? if not move on to plan B.

18. PPD54

PPD54 Highly Dedicated, Slightly Motivated

I suppose we can only speculate if he threw in a jab by quoting her because her dad is a judge. But I can only wonder, if liberals had their way and this trooper had a body camera, what would the state police brass say then? And besides editing or losing the video, what could be done? The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

Bloodhound and HistoryHound like this.
  19. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I've gone back and forth on this after reading and talking to people. I have zero LE experience and only know how these things work based off what people have explained to me. As an outsider looking in, it looks bad. It looks like a call or two was made and favors were granted because of who her father is. Whether or not the information that was removed was relevant or not doesn't change the appearance that it was done as a favor to her father. While I understand the point that BxDetSgt made about irrelevant information not being in the report, I also understand that in cases like this perception is often more important than reality.

Exactly. My first question whenever the topic of body cameras comes up is what happens when the camera captures something that would prove the prosecutions case or make someone (not the cop) look bad? This would be a good example of that. Although, I have a sneaking suspicion her attorneys wouldn't have an issue with the tape being "lost."

20. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

What a shit show...........

justmom, mtc, CCCSD and 1 other person like this.
  21. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Just. DAMNED

pahapoika likes this.
  22. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Glad it’s not me !! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpd61 likes this.
  23. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

If she wasn't the daughter of the judge would the line have been added in the report, or would it have just been looked at as a comment but a drunk and shrugged off?
    Works both ways. Not every comment is put in every report.

PBC FL Cop, Kilvinsky and BxDetSgt like this.
  24. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

In her quote she's referencing the very drugs she used prior to committing an OUI drugs, so why not put that statement in there. This whole thing that her statement has no evidentiary value is ridiculous. I would have done the same. A lot of people are going to have an early retirement thanks to a 30 year old entitled junkie's daddy trying to save face in court. Especially now that this has become a national story.

Kilvinsky, felony, MrCapias and 4 others like this.
  25. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

News:. Everyone is passing the buck...
    As usual,,........