1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
State trooper is suspended

McClure faces assault charges

By M. Elizabeth Roman TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

HOLDEN- A state trooper who was arrested on charges of assaulting four local police officers was suspended without pay indefinitely after a duty hearing Monday, a state police representative said.

Trooper Elizabeth McClure, 45, of 13 Lowell Ave., was already on leave from the force for an undisclosed reason since April, said state police spokeswoman Lt. Sharon Costine. Trooper McClure was arrested last Thursday night after she allegedly kicked and hit officers trying to remove her from her home after a domestic dispute, according to a police report.

She was released Friday after pleading not guilty to four counts of assault and battery, one count of assault and battery on a child under 14 and one count of disorderly conduct. She must return to court Oct. 6.

Trooper McClure had a two-year history of frequent encounters with local police, including a recent citation for driving under the influence of alcohol and leaving the scene of an accident, according to Police Chief George R. Sherrill.

Around 2:50 a.m. Sept. 5, she allegedly struck a parked car on Blueberry Street and then sped off, Chief Sherrill said.

"We had probable cause to issue the citations," he said. He said Trooper McClure was not arrested nor was her alcohol blood level tested. A hearing for the case is pending in Leominster District Court.

Neighbors who did not want to be named for fear of retaliation said the street was quiet before Trooper McClure moved in a few years ago. Since then, Trooper McClure's residence has been the focus of several domestic disturbance calls to the police, according to police and neighbors.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Alcohol is the worst "drug" addiction around. Especially for police officers.

G

·
SinePari said:
Alcohol is the worst "drug" addiction around. Especially for police officers.
I've lost count of how many cops I've seen lose their marriages, families, and careers because of an alcohol program. It's probably one of the biggest occupational hazards of the job.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I laugh when people say we ought to legalize pot and other drugs. We can't control the one legal buzz we have! Never mind adding to the problem. rhl

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
rhl said:
I laugh when people say we ought to legalize pot and other drugs. We can't control the one legal buzz we have! Never mind adding to the problem. rhl
We could almost make a new billboard slogan out of that.

Legalize pot? We can't control the one legal buzz addiction we have with alcohol!, Never mind adding to the problem. Say no to the legalization of Marijuana.

8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.