State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken driver | Page 4 | MassCops

State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken driver

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Rock

Rock Undefined

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Re: State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken dri

Of course I did, and I shouldn't have.

Serenity now........

3. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

Re: State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken dri

Can't do it anyways because I do not want my blood pressure to sky rocket. I can only imagine the idiotic double jeopardy claims in the comments. I just hope the DA can take this case to the end with a positive outcome for justice in her memory.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Someone asked me about that tonight (double-jeopardy) and I asked them why it wasn't double-jeopardy when the federal government prosecuted Stacey Koon and Laurence Powell (cops in the Rodney King incident) after they were acquited in state court.

Confused puppy look.

5. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

You really need to stop trying to confuse them with logic. It doesn't compute. I don't see how it would be double jeopardy. He wasn't charged with her death originally. I don't care if it was one act that led to both injury and then eventual death. It's two separate events in my mind.

6. 13B

13B I see you rollin', I'm hatin'

RIP Trooper

7. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

RIP Trooper Englehardt on the year Anniversary of your passing.

8. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

RIP Ellen

9. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

RIP Trooper Englehardt....we're still waiting for karma to catch-up with the scumbag that murdered you, but it will come.

frank, mtc and Johnny Law like this.
  10. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

We'd all like to be there to enjoy it too! RIP Tpr. Englehardt

mtc and Delta784 like this.
  11. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Rest in peace my friend.

[​IMG]

12. Gregory E. Trask

Gregory E. Trask New Member

Rest in Peace Trooper, I remember that morning very clearly, being the first Officer on scene, I will never forget that day! You certainly didn't deserve your fate, nor does your family. I think about that day often and what I witnessed, your family are in my prayers, and may your days in heaven be bliss! GT

LGriffin likes this.