State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken driver | Page 3 | MassCops

State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken driver

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Jun 1, 2011.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Re: State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken dri

1st Woman Trooper Killed On Duty Laid To Rest

Ellen Engelhardt Funeral Services Held Monday

[​IMG]

Curtis Bailey/WCVB

MARSHFIELD, Mass. -- After an eight-year struggle to survive, a pioneering Massachusetts state trooper was laid to rest on Monday.
    Funeral services for Trooper Ellen Engelhardt were held Monday morning at St. Christine's Catholic Church in Marshfield.
    Engelhardt was one of the department's first women troopers. She was the first woman Massachusetts trooper to die from injuries received in the line of duty.
    About 600 police officers from as far away as Missouri and Texas attended the ceremony. Engelhardt's daughter, Lora, son-in-law and 6-year-old grandson were presented with a state police hat, called a campaign cover, outside the church by Gov. Deval Patrick and State Police Col. Marian McGovern.

2. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Re: State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken dri

It was a very fitting send off for a fine person and Trooper. I was proud to see the turnout of MSP, Mass local and New England SP's. I even saw a couple of Troopers from Texas who made the trip up. Very impressive.

Rest easy Trooper Engelhardt. You will never be forgotten.

3. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

You mean this drunk f&ckstick?

View attachment 2089

4. cc3915

They blocked me too and I got a nasty message from someone saying it was a professional business page and what I said was VERY inappropriate.

5. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

+1 in Marshfield today CC.

My heart was heavy for the Engelhardts, Ellen's friends, and for our entire MSP family.

Although I never met her, I feel safe in saying:

These past eight years have been an agonizingly long time for all to wait to properly say goodbye to someone who never gave up fighting to resume the life she had with those who loved her most and prayed for her recovery.

RIP Trooper.

6. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I was blocked by them altogether! :redcarded: Also, his Linked-In profile is not there anymore.

Aww I didn't get a message!:rolleyes:

7. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

That fucking scumbag Deval had no business being there; Fuck him and all his political bullshit.

8. cc3915

He looked very uncomfortable.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

If he thinks he's gonna pull a Hollyweird stunt and stay out of view while it all blows over, he's mistaken. We never forget.

10. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Don't hire murderers.

Problem solved.

11. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Oh, even better.

Perhaps a boycott effort is in order? Some informational pickets by police officers outside their office maybe?

12. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

IN!

13. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I don't want to give the waste of genetic material too much time or thought, but what about a facebook group? He owns a real estate agency, it would be fitting to put out there that he has experience in finding people their homes and also making sure they never return home. It's interesting that only 1/3 of his agents have their pictures up on the website. I'm not saying all, but the real estate agents that I've had experience with are some of the most "look at me, look at me" people I have ever met.

Point Plus Realty About Us

14. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

I know it's not but the website looks fake. You have people making 'facebook' poses that are suppose to be real estate agents. Who is going to buy a house from these clowns?

Also the site looks like it was designed by a 16 year old working out of a graphic design class.

15. Rock

Rock Undefined

They think what you SAID was inappropriate??? How about what this pos DID? Was that "inappropriate"? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the responder was libral and incapable of perspective.

Those two Texas guys drove 30 plus hours for the service. Conn SP sent a bus load. It was great to see all the outside agencys there. I didn't waste my time even looking at deval...was he there? Didn't even notice.

16. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Yes, but it's for the cause and i'd be home in time to put the royals to bed.

17. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

Oh he actually made it out to the service? shocking...:stomp:

18. cc3915

I have been thinking about this a lot since she passed. This is the best news I've heard in a long time.

19. 7MPOC

7MPOC MassCops Member

I wonder how this will play out in court. He plead guilty to oui/serious injury at the time of the crash. How could he plead not guilty to this as well? Any thoughts?

20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Assuming it goes to trial (unlikely), the jury (in theory anyway) won't know about the prior adjudication. Of course they will if they have a room temperature IQ, and I predict the defense will try for a change of venue. Not that it would do much good.

Even if they executed the little bastard, there are no winners. Trooper Engelhardt is still dead, and her family & friends will always have the grief in their hearts from losing her way too soon. The rest of us are left to wonder why killing someone with a car is somehow less serious than with a gun or knife.

21. dano448

dano448 Supporting Member

I applaud the DA for taking this action, but unfortunately, the judiciary in this state will feel sorry for the immature idiot that ended Tpr. Engelhardt's life with no regard for the extended family of Tpr. Engelhardt whose lives will never be the same!

22. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Not true. We all win with one less person in the chow line of life.

Especially a POS oxygen thief like him.

23. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

True, but I'm sure that her family & friends would much rather have her back.

24. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

i'm with the "eye for an eye" crowd..

while i'm sure this twerp didn't have the intent to kill a state trooper that night he seems to have "moved on" and now wants to go about happily selling real estate.

look at this beauty of a house......

say, aren't you the guy that killed the state trooper ?

er, well , yes , but this place has updated kitchen and bath !

somehow i get the feeling this shithead doesn't have any remorse other than he got caught.

much like our departed state senator killing someone with your car is no big deal.

life just goes on for these fucks !

25. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

For sure.