State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken driver | Page 2 | MassCops

State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken driver

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Jun 1, 2011.

1. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Re: State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken dri

I have this vague, half-assed memory (pretty much the norm for me) that 725 was her car # back in the day. Not sure, but when I read it in your post it struck a nerve.

I *THINK* she worked with a big guy named Mac, who IIRC was buying his gas at Slim's Sunoco when I pumped gas there into his POS VW bug with the oversized rear wheels back when he went through the MSP academy. That musta been 1977 or so.

FWIW, Tulane University PD had a Sergeant get dragged and killed by another rich kid who used Daddy's money to get a slap on the wrist. Happened in 1996. Gil Mast was the Sgt's name and the driver was Joshua Gimelstob. Same story, different people, same shitty ending.

2. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

Re: State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt dies nearly 8 years after being hit by drunken dri

RIP Trooper Englehardt. My deepest condolences to her family, friends, and the MSP.

3. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

Devestating proof that life is not fair. Godspeed Trooper...

4. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

A classy thing for Maria Stephanos to post on their site.

5. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

I missed that, but what I'd really like to see is someone from the media make it their pet project to straighten out this screwed up state and it's idiotic drunk driving laws. Too much to ask..... I know.

6. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

was heart breaking to see her wheeled into the court room after the crash.

that alone should have sent that punk to jail for a very long time !

R.I.P.

7. PPD54

PPD54 Highly Dedicated, Slightly Motivated

RIP Trooper

8. mpguy

mpguy MassCops Member

Rest in Peace..

9. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

With trooper's death, drunken driver could face new charges - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News

By Lane Lambert/Patriot Ledger staff and Ian B. Murphy/Daily News staff
    The MetroWest Daily News
    Posted Jun 02, 2011 @ 12:31 AM

I really hope so, the sentence William Senne received angered me at the time, now even more so. I just hope that her dedicated sole mate and family can move on and know that she is in a much better place now and is finally at peace.

10. TRPDiesel

TRPDiesel MassCops Member

RIP Trooper

11. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

RIP Trooper, thank you for your service to the Commonwealth!

12. 5-0

5-0 Guest

Rest in Peace Trooper. :(

13. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

R.I.P Trooper.

14. wolf9848

wolf9848 MassCops Member

Rest in Peace Trooper Engelhardt.

15. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

[​IMG]
    With trooper's death, drunken driver could face new charges

Posted 8 hour(s) ago

With the death yesterday of state Trooper Ellen Engelhardt
    in a nursing home, the local man who as a drunken teenager
    slammed his car into her parked cruiser may now face
    manslaughter or murder charges, the head of the state police said.

Read More »

16. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

This situation is fundamentally wrong. How could someone so inherently good have to suffer for eight long years while this scumbag went on?
    May she rest with the angels and watch over those who loved her.

17. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

RIP Ellen Engelhardt, you will be deeply missed.

I hope that scumbag Senne is brought up on more charges so he can suffer the way you did!

18. dave7336

dave7336 MassCops Member

RIP Trooper

19. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Very sad news of which I'm really sorry to hear. Godspeed; may she rest in peace.

20. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

RIP Trooper. You fought the good fight and we will take over from here.

21. kwflatbed

Paying respects to fallen trooper

By Natalie Sherman
    Monday, June 6, 2011

[​IMG]
    Photo by Nancy Lane
    HONORING A HERO: Law enforcement officers honor fallen state trooper Ellen Engelhardt in Marshfield yesterday. Engelhardt, whose cruiser was struck by a drunken driver in 2003, died last week.

Hundreds of police officers filed past the coffin of fallen State Trooper Ellen Engelhardt in Marshfield yesterday to pay their respects to the woman who died June 1 after living with brain damage for eight years after a drunken driver slammed into her cruiser at 90 miles an hour.
    Two Texas highway patrolmen who never knew her began driving Friday to make Engelhardt’s wake, MacDonald Funeral Home director Mark MacDonald said.
    The patrolmen wanted to honor the 58-year-old mother as a fellow officer, MacDonald said. Her funeral is today at St. Christine’s Catholic Church in Marshfield.

Full Story:
    Paying respects to fallen trooper - BostonHerald.com

From The Globe:
    Troopers engulf Engelhardt wake (By Taylor Adams, Globe Correspondent)

From The Quincy patriot Ledger:
    Huge police turnout at wake for state Trooper Ellen Engelhardt

Updated 42 minute(s) ago
    An estimated 200 State Police troopers walked a quarter mile from Library Plaza in downtown Marshfield to the MacDonald Funeral Home on Sunday to say goodbye to one of their own.

22. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

If anyone has any realty needs, or just wants to leave a "testimonial," here is Mr. Senne's publically posted contact information. I'm debating calling to see if he's free today, or if he's attending Tpr. Engelhardt's services. Asshole.

Phone: (617) 229-5784 x201
    Email: [email protected]

23. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

I couldn't find their Facebook page. I wonder if they temporarily blocked it.

24. kwflatbed

Facebook page is down, try this one.

Point Plus Realty

25. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

mtc, I "liked" with plans of posting days ago but they blocked it after your nastygram. Their old FB page just redirects to their website. The murderer appears to be distancing himself from the business as his drunk looking picture is no longer there either.