Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out in cow country aka East New York State there is not much to do except drink and fornicate...and I guess the sheep were not home this night.

State representative arrested for drunken driving
By Associated Press
Friday, August 20, 2004

BOSTON - State Rep. Paul Kujawski, d-Webster, was arrested Thursday night and charged with drunken driving, state police said.

Police said they pulled over Kujawski's car on Route 20 in Sturbridge after receiving several cell phone calls from concerned drivers at about 11 p.m.

Kujawski, 50, was also charged with failure to stay in marked lanes, driving to endanger, speeding, open and gross lewdness and disorderly conduct.

The six-term state representative was bailed out shortly after his booking at the Sturbridge State Police barracks.- An aide in Kujawski's office declined comment Friday.

·
Subscribing Member
561 Posts
From The Boston Herald, 08/21/04:

Ripped rep in drunk drive rap: Unruly pol nabbed in stop-and-go
By Ann E. Donlan
Saturday, August 21, 2004

A state lawmaker allegedly drunk behind the wheel and barely avoiding multiple accidents on the Massachusetts Turnpike got even deeper in trouble after urinating in front of the troopers who stopped him.

A barefoot Rep. Paul L. Kujawski came to the door of his Webster home in his Patriots T-shirt yesterday, but refused comment on his wild night and alleged unruly encounter with the state police during his booking at the Sturbridge barracks.

``When you have charges against you and they're serious, obviously I can't comment,'' said Kujawski, a 10-year Democratic representative who represents the 8th Worcester District.

Kujawski, who turns 51 next week, pleaded not guilty yesterday in Dudley District Court to charges of drunken driving, open and gross lewdness, two counts of disorderly conduct, a marked lane violation, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and speeding.

The solon, who weighs 250 pounds, allegedly careened across three lanes of traffic, striking the grass median of the highway and nearly causing multiple collisions with other horrified drivers, according to a state police report obtained by the Herald.

``There were several cellphone calls indicating his erratic operation,'' said state police Trooper Thomas Ryan.

Trooper Steven Hennigan caught up to Kujawki on Route 20 in Sturbridge, where he said he smelled a strong odor of alcohol from the red-eyed Kujawski, who allegedly admitted to the trooper that he had consumed ``two drinks'' in Springfield or Sturbridge.

As Hennigan moved his cruiser off the roadway, Kujawski allegedly began urinating on Route 20 during the stop Thursday at about 11 p.m.

Troopers claimed that questioning Kujawski was difficult because of his alleged intoxication, but the lawmaker allegedly told Hennigan, ``You know, I am a state rep and I want to know why you were going through my personal things,'' according to the report.

At the state police barracks, where it took 31 minutes instead of a typical 10 minutes to complete the booking, Kujawski became increasingly agitated, refused to take a Breathalyzer test and allegedly was rude and combative.

Another lawmaker, Rep. Brian Dempsey (D-Haverhill), pleaded no contest to drunk-driving charges last year and currently has a restricted license allowing him to drive to and from his State House office.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What kills me is when he was pissing on the side of the road in front of the trooper he tells the trooper "i'm a state rep" Gotta love politics !!!! Maybe thats where we get the saying Pissing away the money ..............

·
Registered
98 Posts
Must be a Guy Glodis supporter....
Funny you should mention that....Renee Dupont (the girl who was with Glodis and got "un-arrested" when a mystery phone call to the chief was made) is State Rep. Paul Kujawski, sister-in-law of D-Webster

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
If he was 'pissing on the trooper's boots', he's lucky he wasn't 'bobbittized'! :shock:

·
Registered
33 Posts
what pisses me off about this whole thing, is he still is going to win...how can anyone let anyone stay in a public office that behaves this way? I can't believe you don't just have your office in a couple cardboard boxes waiting for you after doing such a thing like he did... :up: errrks me sooooo much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.