Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing rumors that with a score of a 95 on the state police exam that you could be recruited if they do another class. I have also heard that they might take other classes in a year or so? Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

·
Registered
561 Posts
BigDog, it all depends on how many they weed out ahead of you on the list.

Guesstimate 150 recruits per class, and then check the numbers on your score sheet... you are probably somewhere near 1800th on the list overall. If the 1799 people ahead of you are not worthy, you are in the 77th. If everyone is squared away, you are not getting hired off of this test.

Of course, both of those scenarios are extreme, but you get the idea. JB is about right... 79th RTT would not be unreasonable.

Check out the dozens of other threads about this topic if you have more questions, we probably already talked about it more than once!

-Mike

·
Registered
134 Posts
The 77th class is pretty much already set. They will just need to update the backgrounds. With a 95, you mught see the 78th but I would be looking more at the 79th. Good Luck to all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the 78th and 79th do they usually take classes yearly? Or is it whenever they have the money to do so?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well, after September 11th, there were all sorts of statements about putting 1000+ new troopers on the road, blah blah blah...

In reality, it seems to be about one RTT every year or so, but it depends on funding and staffing levels. So, to answer your question... both. :?

-Mike

·
Registered
134 Posts
In this day and age, there is no telling when they will put on additional classes. I am just as curious as the rest of you . I got a 96. My friend, and ex-partner got a 97. He's gone if they put the 77th through. :evil:
We will just have to hope for the best.

·
Registered
83 Posts
After speaking with ranking academy staff last week, I was told not to expect a class before 7/04. While they continue to try and find some creative financing to put a class in sooner, there is nothing in the fiscal budget allowing for a class. Scores of 96 & up made the grade. From there, it's a matter of background checks, psych tests, etc... How many recuits drop out? Lots. rhl

·
Registered
9 Posts
While they continue to try and find some creative financing to put a class in sooner, there is nothing in the fiscal budget allowing for a class.
...however, as we know their is a proposal for monies for the 77th for fiscal year 04 which starts JUL 03, I would hope that if said proposal is accepted they would put the class through ASAP as to not loose the money...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I HATE TO BE A PESSIMIST. BUT THERE HAVE BEEN OTHER PROPOSALS, JUST LIKE THIS ONE, THAT NEVER CAME TO FRUITION. I HOPE THIS ONE DOES BECAUSE THE CONTRACT EXTENSION RUNS OUT THIS DECEMBER AND MASS RETIREMENTS ARE EXPECTED. RHL

·
Subscribing Member
4,347 Posts
I went to training with allot of troopers recently and they all said the same thing, word has it that 77th RTT will be August 2004. Godwilling :roll:

G

·
Alot of recruits drop out after "Lobotomy Week" which is usually the second week and they replace them with fresh meat. Usually those who drop out of an MSP class are taught these basic skills and phrases to get along with life after "Lobotomy Week" or Week Two as it is called.

1) "Will you like fries with that?"
2) "Supersize it."
3) "Unleaded or Diesel sir?"
4) "A light with 3 sugars, got it."
5) "Heralds, only .25 cents today!"

They are de-programmed from ever using the following phrases learned during "Week One" and "Week Two";

1) "License and registration, maggot."
2) "Outta' the car longhair."
3) "Papers Please." <--Using a sinister German accent
4) "85 in a 55, ma'am, this one's gonna cost you."
5) "Click it or Ticket"

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

G

·
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. Don't think so Center Mass. Maybe the cops on your job are 420 friendly but on mine we aren't. Zero tolerance for dopers, and dopes, such as yourself. :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
4,347 Posts
Don't waste your time with him, he's not a real cop anyway, just a boston special. ***!!!!!!!!!

·
sleepy and on a no dunkins diet
109 Posts
How does the SP fill the slots for the people in the 77rtt that got jobs and will no longer attend the upcoming class?

·
2,297 Posts
They will have to go further down the list...The people that have already been through the process will have to do it AGAIN as well.

G

·
I guess my earlier post got deleted, I woner why?? :roll: All I can say is jsg2020, i don't smoke and never did. If you can't see my post for what it is, then shame on you. Maybe some guys on your job are 420 friendly but not me.
As for mpd71, all I can say is you're a joke. Whoever deleted my previous post needs a wake-up call as well. Nice T-shirt you have on your profile, See a cop, Warn a brother, that just sums you up just fine. A joke.

G

·
JSG202,
I didn't even take the last 2 tests for the MSP since 1 police academy is already enough for someone in this line of work. If they don't accept laterals, then tough luck ..... on their part. They lose out.
MPD71,
You can't even hold a candle to anyone on my job. We go where you fear to tread. The politics here is legendary so we never got a Police Charter like other Authorities under the state charter (MBTA for example) These guys and gals here are the best anywhere and you can't even shine their shoes. Even the private security who patrol the bricks in Boston see more and do more than you ever will. How does that feel?
Go back to Command School and try to learn real police work. You won't find it there 'cause it's not taught there. They only teach you how to screw the patrolman which you'll be plenty good at.
Administrators, don't delete this. This needs to be seen by all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.