Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,297 Posts
Trust me, if you can live through that, off of break-in you get a raise, as well as a huge raise after your one year probation. Pretty soon all that poverty is forgotten...:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
One more time....
Save your money, pay your bills. You don't want to defer because your still sending Rent-A-Center $200.00 bucks a month.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Like redline said..

:shock: Dear god.......
I guess if you have no bills, no marriage, and live at home you can pull it off.... But that is aweful... I mean, at least pay what state colleges Offer.. 563.31/wk... I understand that recruits get less pay, but ouch!.. 10.50/hr

·
Registered
145 Posts
RPD931 said:
Like redline said..

I guess if you have no bills, no marriage, and live at home you can pull it off.... But that is aweful... I mean, at least pay what state colleges Offer.. 563.31/wk... I understand that recruits get less pay, but ouch!.. 10.50/hr
See, the funny thing is, you are baseing it on a 40 hr work week (10.50/hr). Something tells me our days are going to be a bit over 8 and our weeks a tad over 40!

I can't wait to get back to Boot Camp life! "Get up!, get up!, get out of the rack!, get on line!, couuuunt offfffff! The thought of it gives me a warm and fuzzy! :rock:

·
2,297 Posts
q5_po said:
See, the funny thing is, you are baseing it on a 40 hr work week (10.50/hr). Something tells me our days are going to be a bit over 8 and our weeks a tad over 40!

I can't wait to get back to Boot Camp life! "Get up!, get up!, get out of the rack!, get on line!, couuuunt offfffff! The thought of it gives me a warm and fuzzy! :rock:
Yes, one day I figured it out at around a few dollars an hour. If I remember correctly, You start at 0530 hrs and finish at 2130 hrs.

As far as the pay, it sucks but after break in it starts rising FAST. It is worth the sacrifice. That is the point; put up with the BS and you will be rewarded.

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
q5_po said:
RPD931 said:
Like redline said..

There are literally hundreds of others would give their right arm to just GET into the Academy.......

G

·
I thought that number was familiar. It was the same for my academy, 71st RTT in 1993. I didn't have a problem with it -- no kids, no wife, no mortgage, etc. But, there were plenty of trainees who had all of the above and more. It's just part of the BS you have to endure in order to become a trooper. Although, I'm sure a small increase in that meager amount wouldn't hurt.

Guinness2429

·
Registered
145 Posts
USMCTrooper said:
quote]
There are literally hundreds of others would give their right arm to just GET into the Academy.......
My point exactly! I would do/sacrifice anything to get there.

G

·
The BS and the other crazy things that go on is a great way to weed out the weak hearted. As for the third world pay, I did see many "would have been great troopers" leave due to supporting a family before the academy and then having nada in the bank while in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.