Stand against the disbandment of BSP! | MassCops

Stand against the disbandment of BSP!

Discussion in 'Agency Specific Discussions' started by AS4, Jun 13, 2020.

1. AS4

AS4 MassCops Member

k12kop likes this.
  2. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

I signed. I’m sure my North Carolina ass doesn’t mean anything, but it’s the least I can do.

3. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

Do you have to be Boston resident to sign?

4. AS4

AS4 MassCops Member

No sir, anybody can sign. The more the merrier! 2,500 signatures in less than 24 hours!

FTH likes this.
  5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I signed, but to be honest, this statement, "Boston School police officers are unarmed; meaning they cannot pose an in-house safety risk to our students..." made me squirm a bit essentially implying that if they were armed, they WOULD pose a risk. But I do honor the courage this woman is showing in even presenting a defense of the School Police.

mpd61 and EUPD377 like this.
  6. AS4

AS4 MassCops Member

Good point, but what can you expect when it was written by a civilian I suppose...

JR90 likes this.
  7. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

It's an honest heartfelt statement. It's good IMO

FTH likes this.
  8. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

I’m still shaking thinking about Sandy Hook shooting! I am deeply grateful for all safety measures our local police implemented. They reassured parents that at any given moment police will get to school in 2 min 30 sec or less. Grateful for countless hours police spent talking to students, keeping in touch with parents, teaching substance prevention, responding to medical emergencies. Schools are kind of a different universe and a community within a community. Honestly, this will be a tremendous loss for the schools. Those relationships take time to develop and should not be taken for granted.