Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Since I have no interest in Being a state Trooper, no disrespect for the troopers- they're great guys and VERY well trained, its just not the area of LE I wanna get in to.... I also have very little interest in attending the SSPO academy... reason being, I just don't see how its worthwhile... if the academy was Fulltime Municipal Certified then I could see it being worth it... but to spend 16 weeks with my skivvies all bunched up as a DI screams and yells in my face for a campus job?? No thanks! Many of these folks go through the SSPO only to go to an MPOC within a few years as many campus PO's try to get on Town PD's. Hence the realistic need for "One State, One Academy certification" Like CA and TX. The only LE agency that should have its own academy requirement is the MSP.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
But doesn't some other states accept the SSPO as a FT academy? I heard from someone on this board that Florida recognizes the SSPO.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
The door to becoming a Police Officer in Massachusetts just shut a little more for many people. Given the recent "rumors" of the MPTC Academies no longer accepting self sponsors, the SSPO might be the way to go for some. This academy will at least be recognized in almost 30 states. At least with the SSPO, you can wait and see if a city or town calls and if you get fed up enough you can head out of state and not have to repeat an academy.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
There are 38 states that take the S.S.P.O as a lateral academy. I bought a reciprocity book of all Academies in all 50 states and sent letters and my ciriculum back in 01 and found the 38 states that would accept it. Problem is I cant find which 38 states there were but I do know Florida and if I remember correctly VT, NH as well. I'll try to find the list and post it. I ended up going to the M.P.O.C 7months later so I forgot about it.

I was a professional recruit for the better part of as year, even had some of the same instructors who either laughed at me or just shook thier heads, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.