Springfield XDm 5.25 in .45ACP Level 2 retention holster | MassCops

Springfield XDm 5.25 in .45ACP Level 2 retention holster

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by Thirdwatch317, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thirdwatch317

Thirdwatch317 New Member

I am searching for a Springfield XDm 5.25 in .45ACP retention holster. It must be level 2 (lock, loop, snap). G-code holsters will make their SOC holster for this gun but only if the demand is high enough. Their SOC holster is perfect for what I am searching for however at this point, I will check out other options as until the demand is there, I have no other choice but to search for other options. Anyone locate anything or interested?

2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Just trying to help a brother out...have you looked at Safariland, or does it have to be a snap rather than the rotating hood design?

3. Thirdwatch317

Thirdwatch317 New Member

It does not matter... as long as it's at least level 2. It is not, mind you, department policy but rather personal officer safety. I have contacted Safariland and they have nothing in the works for this pistol. Blackhawk has a serpa that will fit it however the barrel sticks down way further than I am comfortable with. I have spoke with Blade-tech(who were fairly helpful however there sales/tech had absolutely no idea apparently what I was talking about and initially for 2 weeks had me excited because he stated that they could produce a holster for me... then crawfished and stated that his production manager advised that they couldn't), Safariland, Edgeworks "G-code" holsters (G-code by far is my go-to proprietary holster system but they too do not have anything in the works as of yet but as I've stated, they will supply, depending on the demand), Conservative Creek Holsters (these guys are fantastic however they do not produce any level 2 retention) as well as several other companies. But thank you sir for your input.

4. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Gotcha. I'm not up enough on the Springfield line and I didn't realize that the XDm with the 5.25" barrel was not common at all.

Here's something that might be helpful, but then again you may have already seen it...and I am not sure if it's level 2 or not.

http://www.xd-holsters.com/springfield-xdm-holster.html

That's kind of the crap-shoot you take with a rare duty gun. To the best of my knowledge, most departments in MA issue firearms and holsters rather than having officer supply their own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.