Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Springfield police shut down Sumner Avenue as Black Lives Matter activists protest

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  HistoryHound 
#1 ·
Several dozen activists took to the streets of Springfield Tuesday afternoon to protest in concert with other Black Lives Matters events across the nation.

In response, Springfield police have shut down Sumner Avenue, where protesters are walking in the street.

Over a dozen protesters linked arms in the middle of the X, blocking traffic. Soon after linking arms, the group was arrested.
A livestream being shot by an organizer shows the event.

In addition to showcasing the chants of protestors, it shows Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno observing the event. When asked about the protest, Sarno said "It's time to move along." He added, "All lives matter."
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/04/springfield_police_shut_down_s.html#incart_m-rpt-1

In other news, it looks like some old timers will be pulling the plug and making room for those awaiting promotions.

See less See more
#10 ·
That's fancy Framingham. Ours are just regular PR's.

For your entertainment purposes (and mine) I notified Turtleboy. Enjoy:

Springfield Protesters Who Shut Down City Are The Most Magnificent Muffs I Have Ever Seen

Freaking Western, MA. Nothing but mountains, hipsters, and dumpy cities. Seriously, just look at the towns these morons are coming from. We got muffs rolling in from Turner Falls (Montague), Shelburne Falls, and Northfield. Do you realize how far those places are from Springfield? Like, an hour. It's nothing but dislocated retired hippies up there. Then you have a handful of course from Northampton - the Cambridge of the West, and your local muffs from Springfield. My question is, where the hell are the Amherst muffs? Did they not get the memo or something?

I hope Joe Petty was watching this though. Because Domenic Sarno just showed him how a real mayor handles his muffs. Unlike Worcester, which allowed these nudniks to block Lincoln Square - Worcester's busiest intersection - for much longer than five minutes. You cannot negotiate with these people. Ed Augustus made that very clear when they rejected his compromise to have the police drop charges against the Kelley Square Fabulous Four, in exchange for a pinky swear to have no more blockades. They are criminals who clearly want to shut down civilized society and institute anarchy. They're not legitimate. They never were legitimate. They are professional losers and protesters who think laws don't apply to them. Arrest them all.

And if you think the Worcester muffs are the lowest of the low, let me introduce you to Springfield muffs. Check out some of these winners. (Photographs by Michael S. Gordon, Springfield Republican)http://turtleboysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Screen-Shot-2015-04-14-at-11.16.37-PM.png

Sweet Jesus.

What is that thing she has on? Did she just get out of the shower? It looks like Grimace took a swirly dump on her head. That's the face that every girl I've ever dated has made right before breaking up with me.
Abolish the police? Smash the state? Abolish prisons? Yup. Those sound like reasonable requests that we should be taking seriously. The best part is the "Liberate the hood" on the muffette's cardboard box. Because these idiots wouldn't last five minutes in the hood in Springfield. I guess advocating for no police is easy when you live in Shelburne Falls, which has no police force, just like most of the towns in Franklin County. You think Worcester is bad? Take a slum sociable through Springfield sometime. These muffs would get eaten alive. Even that creature in the middle's combat boots couldn't save them.

What the hell is that thing with the pink shoes? Is that an ice cream sweatshirt? I need one of those STAT!! Where can I find one? Oh yea, love the woman on the right too. How long you been out the game girl?

See that lady right there? That's gotta be one of Franklin County muffs. She is every person I have ever seen from Western MA ever. Protesting is what she does. Also, there is a 150% chance she has a self-sufficient garden in her backyard that she lives off of.

This guy was probably tons of fun back in 68. Now he's just blocking an intersection in Springfield. Tough times for the hippies. (this guy is clearly an actual former hippie, so we can call him that)

God have mercy on us all. We're gonna need a bigger paddy-wagon.

Hey Worcester protesters - you think you're hot shit? I don't see any of you out there with crutches.

Who is that prim looking star gazer with the glasses? I'd like to Occupy her. (I'm the unmarried Turtelboy so it's OK). If she's not interested I would settle for the toothless wonder in the Yankees hat.

By the way, this picture right here is priceless:

The mayor and a group of mostly African-American and female cops laughing at a group of largely white people from Franklin County chanting "Black lives matter." Michael S. Gordon should win whatever the prize is called for best photograph ever.

Also, I wish Worcester had a mayor like Domenic Sarno:

Mayor swag like you read about. Think he gives a fuck his pants are ironed? Nope. But when you have an old school Italian mayor, the muffs don't rule the city.

We've been looking to spread the good word of the Turtleboy all over the state for a while now. We've made inroads into the South Shore thanks to Baby Gangster and Brockton Turtleboy. But we've been trying to make inroads in Western MA. This might be our big shot. If you're reading this and you live in Western MA, and you enjoy hot takes, then hit the "Facebook" like button. Send us stories about Western MA muffs like these and we'll blog about it. Turtleboy Revolution needs to take over this state one county at a time.
http://turtleboysports.com/springfi...-the-most-magnificent-muffs-i-have-ever-seen/

Well played, TB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.