Springfield Police...Lateral Option to MSP? | MassCops

Springfield Police...Lateral Option to MSP?

Discussion in 'State Police' started by insoles23, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insoles23

insoles23 MassCops Member

I have heard that because MA is down so many troopers that they are offering springfield police officers a lateral transfer option.Im not sure of the specifics or if this is true....if anyone could shed some light on this that would great

2. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Ok, who told you this?

3. insoles23

an officer on the force...Im not sure if its just SPD....or other agencies state wide...

4. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

This tale ranks right up there with the Brothers Grimm.

Is the source a friend's, uncle's, niece's, sister's, brother's, barber's , wife's cousin ?

5. insoles23

Im not here to just fuck around and post duck tales...this is indeed floating through the department as a corrective and much lesser expensive route to putting more troopers on the road...From what I understand this opportunity will be up for grabs in the department

6. cc3915

Ok insoles, but just be warned that you better be wearing some thick skin if you want to start this kind of rumor here. Actually, it has been posted here before, in some form or another, and it didn't go well.

7. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

Negative.

Question answered Close the thread before it is too late.

8. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Rumors about the MSP are continually floating around. Talk of an 80th RTT has been floating around for going on 5-years.

Nothing personal.

9. insoles23

I do not mean to start a rumor this is just what I heard and was wondering if anyone on this board can confirm somthing like this...I mean it is not to farfetched ad since MA is so screwed who knows what the have up there sleeve..

10. insoles23

ok then...mods can you please close the thread

11. 47turksinajar

47turksinajar MassCops Member

yea, it's true and i'm the bill gates:smug:

12. cc3915

Gladly. Thanks for playing.

13. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

MGL 22C:THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE

Section 10:Appointments to department of state police; governor’s authorization; restrictions

Whenever the governor shall deem it necessary to provide more effectively for the protection of persons and property and for the maintenance of law and order in the commonwealth, he may authorize, in writing, the colonel to make appointments to the department of state police, together with such other employees as the governor may deem necessary for the proper administration thereof....

...No person shall be enlisted as a uniformed member of the state police except in accordance with the provisions of this section; provided further, that no person employed as a police officer for an agency other than the department of state police, including but not limited to, any agency of the commonwealth or any of its political subdivisions, shall be allowed to transfer into a position as a uniformed member of the state police.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.