Springfield College Police Officer | MassCops

Springfield College Police Officer

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by Kilvinsky, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Police Officer
    Institution:
    Springfield College

Category:
    Admin - Police and Public Safety

Posted:
    08/25/2020

Type:
    Full-Time

Job Description:

The Springfield College Department of Public Safety is a full-service police agency that serves the College Community and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Officers perform a full range of police duties, which include but are not limited to:

• Prevention and detection
    • Arrest
    • Search and Seizure
    • Traffic enforcement
    • Crash investigation
    • Maintaining public order
    Patrols will be conducted by cruiser, foot and bicycle, of all campus areas and surrounding jurisdiction. Must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion in dealing with violators of laws and College regulations and be willing to work special assignments and be on call in time of emergency or special events. The shift will be determined by the needs of the department.

Position Type: Full Time Regular

Posted Date: Aug 21, 2020

Requirements:
    • This position requires a minimum of an Associate's degree in Criminal Justice, a successful completion of an approved full-time Massachusetts police academy, including MPTC, SSPO, and Reserve Intermittent training or ability to obtain Special State Police Officer licensure in accordance with requirements set forth by the Massachusetts State Police.
    • Must obtain a Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms -- Class A Large Capacity permit in accordance with Massachusetts General Law Chapter 140, Section 131.
    • Must be able to read and speak English; possess a valid driver's license; and pass a background check and psychological exam.
    "Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity and equality in education and employment".

Appointment Months Per Year: 12 month

APPLICATION INFORMATION
    Office of Human Resources
    Springfield College

Online App. Form:
    https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1210401&d=ExternalCareerSite&prc=RMPOD4&r=5000636664800

Apply through Institution's Website

2. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

Always heard good things about the agency. It’s in an absolutely shit area, so I’m sure there’s always plenty to do.

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

This is another department that a bunch of years ago was made up of good people frustrated by a 'reluctant' college admin. In the past years, they've made some fantastic advances. God Bless, 'em.

Joel98 likes this.
  4. blueline22

blueline22 MassCops Member

Anyone know how many they are looking to hire?

5. AB7

AB7 MassCops Member

Enough to fill their vacancy.

Goose, blueline22 and Kilvinsky like this.
  6. Macop2020

Macop2020 MassCops Member

They don't get into much, good people there. Not many arrests. Although they are in a seedy area.