Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas! Whats your take on the best overall duty boot during the spring/summer? Im currently wearing Danner Arcadia 400 grain and I love them!!! Thinking ahead for the warmer months............Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Ditto :L: ! But get the original, not "II"! They take a shine, conform to your foot and have plenty of support...yet are as comfortable as your old slippers! At 11" tall, they blouse your BDU's when needed.

There is a police supply in Amesbury that stocks all sizes, male and female...at least there used to be...I took the former bride there to get here first pair: they were so cute I wanted to bronze them and hang 'em from my cruiser mirror...and then she punched me in the head :oops: .

I wear mine year-round, except in winter when it is storming or I have to stand in one place for a prolonged period of time. Then I wear the nasty boots the job issued to me...they are "waterproof and insulated". They are stiff and uncomfortable...and at 8" tall, do not blouse worth a s**t. The only thing they have going for them is tread and warmth (I do use them when I clean the driveway with my snow thrower :D ). They are both ugly and uncomfortable :evil: ! Whenever I have to use them all I can think about is the Black sabbath song "Fairies Wear Boots"!

Hence, I wear my Corcoran's whenever possible.

·
Registered
413 Posts
dcs2244";p="56063 said:
Then I wear the nasty boots the job issued to me...they are "waterproof and insulated". They are stiff and uncomfortable...and at 8" tall, do not blouse worth a s**t. The only thing they have going for them is tread and warmth (I do use them when I clean the driveway with my snow thrower :D ). They are both ugly and uncomfortable :evil: ! Whenever I have to use them all I can think about is the Black sabbath song "Fairies Wear Boots"!

Hence, I wear my Corcoran's whenever possible.
What brand are those so I know not to get those :lol:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
They are "Magnum"...I have "Rocky" as well, same problems: too short and will not blouse. My main complaint with these shoes is that they are too short: I tolerate them for the few days a year that I have to wear them...if you don't have to stand in one place for several hours, stick with the Corcoran's. Re-sole them with Vibram "waffle-stompers" and you're good to go! :D

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
The corcoran field boots are nice, also give the corcoran II marauders a try, they are super light weight and are truely like wearing slipers on your feet...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AFCOP";p="56458 said:
The corcoran field boots are nice, also give the corcoran II marauders a try, they are super light weight and are truely like wearing slipers on your feet...
AFCOP,
Do you have an online reference for these boots?? I have been looking at the Corcoran's online, but have not come across the "II Marauders". Thanks!

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
MarineMustang said:
AFCOP";p="56458 said:
AFCOP,
Do you have an online reference for these boots?? I have been looking at the Corcoran's online, but have not come across the "II Marauders". Thanks!
Here's a site I just found on the web, wished I had looked online before I bought mine at the Mil. Clothing on base the ones online are $20.00 cheeper than what I paid on post!

http://www.copshoes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CORCORAN

Let me know if you need any more help/sources

-Gresh

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are wearing BDU type pants and want to blouse your boots, Jump Boots look great. They are a bitch, however, to break in to the point they are comfortable.

I was a member of the 101st Airborne and had to wear them with my dress greens, if I was wearing BDU's I wore jungle boots or danners. Jungles in the warm months Danners in the cold, period. If you are looking for comfort you can go with those magnums or hi-techs, they don't blouse well at all but you can shoot and move in them.

My advice... Danners in the snowy/wet/cold months and magnum/hi-tech type boots when its warmer. Besides cops always don't need to blouse their boots, so if you don't have to.. don't and stay comfortable.

:2c:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the scoop men! Looks like I'll be making a purchase this week! Although, its gonna be tough tucking my Danner's away for the spring/summer....I love those friggin things!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts