Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am being lazy and I know there is some high-speed admin organizer out there. Did anyone create a sheet listing the speed/zone/fine (w/ head injury included)? It is nice to use on the busy days.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's actually real easy now. All you have to do is take the # of miles over the speed limit and add a zero. (ie: 15 over the limit is $150.00, 18 over is $180.00 or if you work in one of those towns 11 over is $110.00.) Anything 10 or less over is $100.00.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I am being lazy and I know there is some high-speed admin organizer out there. Did anyone create a sheet listing the speed/zone/fine (w/ head injury included)? It is nice to use on the busy days.
I take it you don't work the road often? :? Not trying to be too much of a smart ass but if anyone would know the new RMV assessments I thought for sure the troopers would have that down pat...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I never claimed to be a member of crash reconstruction (they are the troopers w/ math skills). I just used an old chart stuck to my ticket case and added the surcharge. Thus, the truly obvious didn't stick out. But thanks for the tough love. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I suggest we convert the speeds to 'feet-per-second' and base the fines on those numbers:

80 in a 65?: 80(1.466)= 117.280

Round off: 117 - 65 = 52

Multiply: 52(10) = 520 OR...$520.00!!! :shock:

Let's pitch-in and solve the state/local budget problems...with a little diligence, we can be back in the black by next summer!!! :twisted:

( a simpler method would be to use KPH! 8) )

·
1,334 Posts
VOR PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 18:25 Post subject: Re: Speed assessments

I'm certainly not in Recon, but who can tell me the fastest and easiest way of calculating a speeding gig BEFORE all this head injury foolishness came to pass? DCS, you don't count, so just keep quiet, you...[/quote][

Thank God they made it so easy now to figure out the amount by multiplying the amount over the speed limit by ten, we will be spoiled until the RMV needs more $$$ and increases the head injury surcharge to $75. I believe the most recent method of figuring out the gigs before the surcharge went up to $50 was Speed Over X 10 - 25

(16mph Over x 10 = 160 - 25 = $135)

I came on the job after the surcharge was in effect so I am guessing the easiest way to figure out the gigs before that time was Speed Over X 10 - 50. Just a guess based on the previous formula, but I am no math wiz either, thats why I like the current system. But I have to say, DCS may have come up with a good way to increase the revenue 80 in a 65 goes from $150 to $520...$$$$$

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Hey, kid: use the speed as MPH...then use fps or kph and do the substraction...just don't correct the posted speed for fps/kph...it's a joke, YOU! :?

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
Thank god that our judicial bureau came out with cheat sheets. Last july our fines were the mph over x fine amount x 15% + 21.00 surcharge and round to the next higher dollar amount. So a ticket for 10 over would have been $50 prior, now it's $79 with the new. What ever happened to keep it simple stupid! :?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts