Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens to all the Special Officers? I went through the reserve academy in 2008. Haven’t worked for a PD since 2018.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What happens to all the Special Officers? I went through the reserve academy in 2008. Haven’t worked for a PD since 2018.
Nothing from what I could tell when I read the Senate version of the bill. The fact you’ve been out since 2018 may be a problem though, not sure. SSPO will continue to live on after the bill.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You have 5 years from the date you were last sworn in to get another position. That is how it would normally be.

Under police reform, like DPH1992 said, it is not known whether you will continue to be eligible.

Everyone is expected to attend the bridge unless you graduated from a full time academy, during a 3 year period where you must attend based on the first letter of your last name. So A-H should plan to attend in year 1, I-P in year 2, and Q-Z in year 3. Otherwise you get decertified. (I may be off by a letter or two, hopefully you get the idea)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have 5 years from the date you were last sworn in to get another position. That is how it would normally be.

Under police reform, like DPH1992 said, it is not known whether you will continue to be eligible.

Everyone is expected to attend the bridge unless you graduated from a full time academy, during a 3 year period where you must attend based on the first letter of your last name. So A-H should plan to attend in year 1, I-P in year 2, and Q-Z in year 3. Otherwise you get decertified. (I may be off by a letter or two, hopefully you get the idea)
Thanks for your help. Does that mean that after completing the bridge academy you can be hired as a full time officer?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Duplicative thread - tons of info on “Police Reform (Part Timers)”. . . many of your questions will be answered there. Or not answered, as there are still tons of unknowns. 🧐

1 - 6 of 6 Posts