Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert) | Page 18 | MassCops

Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Big.G, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

And not to be that guy... But what's with Lucero totally shifting gears outside the Frolic room? Felt bad for Cooper...

I thought I saw Ray and Ken in the background...It was kinda dark in there.

2. Voodoo50

Voodoo50 MassCops Member

Hopefully only the season finale, I've read online it could be the series finale. Most of the main cast have taken on roles for other tv show pilots. Never a good sign for a show you like.

3. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Fuck, another punch in the gut.
    It looked like a happy ending with both killers dead, rather than the real story.
    Cooper liked he was feeling it, but handling it. Thought he'd get shot by the neighbor...but going out like that?? Hope the show comes back, and hope he pulls survives....he was still breathing at the credits.
    Sammy and Ben....Ben's gone to the dark side, everything he's rescued his partner from...he caused.

4. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Ben should have got it instead of Coop so they could just move past him. Let's hope the show is back again next year. In fact, I hope both shows are back next year.

5. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

I need at least one more good season to help me get over that onion field episode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

6. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

After hearing what his wife was saying to Cooper, it sounds like Lucero was dealing with some issues. Maybe, he was in the closet and denying it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

right.as.rain and Code 3 like this.
  7. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Just found out TNT cancelled "Southland". What a bitch...

8. Hush

Goddamnit, but Rizzoli and Isles lives?? Saved once, and gone again. Id love to see an edgier channel like FX or AMC resurrect it....

LGriffin likes this.
  9. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Likewise!

10. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

TNT is allergic to quality I guess

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  11. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

That sucks so incredibly much.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hush and USMCMP5811 like this.
  12. Hush

This and Breaking Bad are the only two shows I REALLY look forward to, and the only two shows on Basic cable I had any interest whatsoever.

13. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Wtf this was a good show. How could they cancel this :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

14. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

'Southland' canceled: Season 6 not picked up by TNT, but there might be a movie!

Because Season 5 ended on a shocking cliffhanger, there are reports that TNT is considering a two-hour wrap up movie to tie up the loose ends. In the Season 5 finale, Ben was branded a dirty cop and Cooper was shot by officers after assaulting a neighbor.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...ked-up-by-tnt-but-there-might-be-a-movie.html

Unreal! With all the bullshit that continues to get renewed, they cancel this?

I just watched the last episode and my DVR cut off the last couple minutes of the fight in the alley. I also missed the preceding episode where John got kidnapped because the boss likes to save up DVR space for his shows. Anyone have a link for that episode?

15. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

http://www.tntdrama.com/video/?cid=61779

You will need to log in with your cable company id and password, but it is free.

LGriffin likes this.
  16. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I went through the list of 'cancelled and renewed' and was shocked THIS wasn't. I was NOT surprised by some cancellations and shocked by some, this is a shock.

17. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Came across a cool video today.

18. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

and the classic...

19. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

What I'm going to miss most about the show is, it shows that things don't ALWAYS go right, it's not ALWAYS easy, and the good guys don't ALWAYS win.

I've always said, that's not MY job, but to a degree, it's ALL our jobs.

However, I'd never survive the foot chases those guys got into. Twenty feet, I'm huffing and puffing and, "I'VE LOST SIGHT.....UH HUH HUH, OF....UH HUH HUH...THE...UH HUH HUH......SUS..........PECT. MEDIC!!!!!"

That's why I'M the CAR GUY! Like Wambaugh once wrote, EVERY foot chase needs a car guy!

Code 3 likes this.
  20. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

The episode where Cooper and Lucero are taken still sticks with me. The parallels with the onion field and imagining what terror Hettinger and Campbell must of gone through. Powerful stuff.

Kilvinsky and Hush like this.