Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert) | Page 17 | MassCops

Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Big.G, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Yeah wild episode last night...thought it was just gang retaliation...then realized sherm had someone go steal the tape. Yikes.

2. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

...and had him spray NBK on the walls to make it seem like it was the gang members Bryan locked up earlier.

Had no idea it was going to twist in that direction. I knew he wanted that tape back because Bryan hadn't discarded it, and would have jammed him up, but to go that extent? Whoaaaa...

3. Voodoo50

Voodoo50 MassCops Member

Was I the only one who noticed Sherman cleaning TWO guns in last seasons finale when he shot the pimp? His service weapon and the one "found" on the pimp? Sherman has been doing some questionable things from the last 1/4 of last season until now but this last one? To then stand on guard at Bryant's house like NBK is actually coming back? Wow. 2 episodes left, I wonder if Cooper realizing he doesn't want to end up like his FTO and being "ready" to be a Dad isn't forshadowing him getting killed in the finale.

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Yep... They didn't match though. The gun he was polishing was stainless, and the gun found was blued.

5. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Got out late, catching the second showing. Looks like its going to end up like the Onion Field ...

6. Hush

Note to self: sew cuff key into underwear.

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  7. Hush

Fuck.

Code 3 likes this.
  8. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

Fuck indeed

Code 3 likes this.
  9. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Just started my recording. So far very fucked up

10. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Not sure about you guys but that was a very very tough episode to watch. Wow.

11. Hush

Felt like a punch in the stomach.

Code 3 likes this.
  12. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

The 50th anniversary of this incident was last month and the LAPD Historical Society / Museum just opened a new exhibit about it. I'm guessing that might be where the inspiration for this episode came from.

This episode is a good example of how bad tactics can lead a fairly innocuous incident into something so horrendous. Splitting up from each other like they did is a huge no no out here for reasons such as this.

13. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

14. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

I never expected this to be a real incident. Very scary and this episode was really hard to see. One of the most grueling episodes ever of this show. But a real eye opener.

15. LA Copper

On a side note, the locker room, the hallway, and the roll call room in this episode were all at the real Rampart Station, plus everyone besides the regular cast who were stitting in roll call, are all real Rampart coppers.

Guess you could say that being on this show is like our version of working details.

Bummer that next week is the season's last show already. It's ending way too quickly.

USMCMP5811, Hank Moody and Hush like this.
  16. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Remember ladies and gentlemen.... When you put yourselves out on a call, traffic stop, or any kind of check your dispatcher worries about you and sometimes gets nervous when you don't answer the radio because in the back of our minds we have the worst case scenario. We don't check on you to drive you nuts.

mtc, USMCMP5811, LA Copper and 4 others like this.
  17. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Was that the LAPD Chief on the left in the station? He was standing there during the briefing of two missing officers.

18. Pvt. Cowboy

19. Hush

Chief Beck did make a cameo in the episode.

20. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Looked like the same guy.

21. LA Copper

Darn, I can't believe you 'made me." So much for my off-duty gig.

Yes, that was Commander Andy Smith on the show, he is in charge of our Media Relations Unit. There were also a few real LAPD captains in that same roll call. I'm kinda surprised by that actually.

22. Oscar8

Oscar8 MassCops Member

Just watched this weeks episode and HOLY FUCK! Did anyone else find themselves screaming at the TV like it was a football game?

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  23. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Yeah...

Oscar8 likes this.
  24. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately a large section of the general population demonizes the police and think all law enforcement does is write traffic citations and drink coffee. They don't think or care about the dangerous situations LEO's have to inject themselves into.

Code 3 likes this.
  25. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

The only problem with the episode imo is that it seemed like everyone was taking their time getting to abandoned building when no one answered the radio.

If two veterans officers are on scene and are not able to get reached on the radio or by cell phone, a double tone is going to go out and the whole world is going to be running code there.

Code 3 likes this.