Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert) | Page 14 | MassCops

Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Big.G, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I enjoy the hell out of it!! I get a slight maple on the front. And then a nice whiskey flavor. At. The back as its on its way down!! Hush is right though, you have to be careful because if you enjoy it too much it WILL kick your ass![/quote]

I could use a good ass kissing!

Oh, KICK, eh, whatever. I'll be looking for this product. Tell me Produit du Canada?

fra444 likes this.
  2. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I've seen some threads get off topic, but DAMN.

Maple syrup, pancakes, and whiskey hahaha... I was wondering why people were still talking in this thread even though the episode was on almost a week ago.

3. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Kilv its distilled in NH with Vt maple syrup!!

Cowboy it obviously went just like all other threads around here LOL

Pvt. Cowboy likes this.
  4. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Holy shit, great episode!

5. JMody

JMody Special...

What app is it? I have Xfinity TV and Xfinity Mobile

6. Pvt. Cowboy

...a green asshole with a tiny carbon footprint is still an asshole.

Who thinks Lucy is gonna get jammed up? Some home surveillance camera caught it or something...

JMody likes this.
  7. HuskyH-2

I think she gets jammed, too much build up.

Light Spoiler Alert..….....................................................................................................................

How fucked was the stabbing scene? That was as painful to watch as when cooper was in the ringer with the guy who bit his neck. Definitly let out an "O Shit!!!" during the car accident scene, thoughts on Sammy?

LECSniper likes this.
  8. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I knew that would come back to bite Sherman, but didn't see that coming. Didn't feel like sending any bullets back at the pimp? I hope Sammy makes it, they've already eliminated most of the old detective unit. Lucy Liu is in too deep now to come clean, so she'll end up paying somehow. Great show, sucks its almost over already. On the upside, The Killing returns to AMC in Apr, GREAT show.

fra444 likes this.
  9. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Bits of trivia from the latest episode:

The shooting range at the beginning is at the original LAPD Academy, the one where I was taught to shoot way back when in 1988. The collision scene at the end is only a few feet from the entrance to Dodger Stadium.

10. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Finally got to see this weeks episode.

Has Lydia finally realized its time to ride a desk? That puncture wound was scary scary. SOB's for keeping us waiting on that one.

Thanks to LA Copper, I was looking at the crash scene, and it did look a bit familiar... I remember thinking as I was driving to the academy on my one visit long ago that the neighborhood didn't look like one that was near either a police academy OR a major league ballpark. Even have a vague memory of coming off the 101, maybe, and taking a road that went downhill between close-set houses... can't say I recognized it, exactly, but there was a tinge of familiarity.

The opening voice-over was so true. Cops with experience get confident. Sometimes confidence becomes over-confidence.

LECSniper likes this.
  11. LA Copper

USM,

The LAPD Academy at Elysian Park is directly across the street from Dodger Stadium. In fact, when many of us go to a Dodger game, we'll park our cars in the academy parking lot and walk over. This saves the $15 parking fee and helps avoid the madhouse out of that huge parking lot when it's time to leave.

The crash scene is at Elysian Park Drive and Sunset Blvd.

In my opinion, confidence becomes over confidence only because we let it. It's a mindset. If you continue to tell yourself not to become over confident, then it will be that much easier to keep the bad part in check. As we all know, over confidence leads to complacency and complacency on this job is dangerous. This should be learned from our very first FTO.... I know I did. My first year on the job, LAPD lost four officers so it was ingrained in me.

firefighter39 likes this.
  12. LA Copper

Maybe it's because I'm a New Englander! Thanks for that Snipe, I'm sure you would be the same way.

As for MB, I totally agree. He's got that calm demeanor and good head on his shoulders that would help him. And don't forget, he's also got that time, albeit short, with us out west.

LECSniper likes this.
  13. HuskyH-2

Good finale, not sure what to think about Sherman........

14. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

I know what to think. Won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. :)

15. Pvt. Cowboy

"So when a meth head has my neck in his mouth, you gonna rub your finger on the carpet then shock him?!? Where's your taser?!"

Nearly pee'd the bed laughing...

Good finale. Sherman appears to be turning to the dark side of the force...

fra444 and firefighter39 like this.
  16. HuskyH-2

Hoping he just appears to be, you never really see what happened.

17. HuskyH-2

Question, who was Lydias kids father? Heard he was in season one, but I had no idea who he was.

18. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

He appeared to be a tall African-American male.

fra444, zm88 and firefighter39 like this.
  19. LA Copper

I thought the season finale was kind of lame. I wish the writers would put Ben back to being a cop instead of an idiot with a badge.

SgtAndySipowicz and LECSniper like this.
  20. Pvt. Cowboy

Nicknames such as "Pootie Tang, Wu-tang, Hollywood..."

fra444 likes this.
  21. HuskyH-2

Bahahaha

22. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

Ben's character has definitely lost it. I was actually wondering if he planted the gun with the shitbag he shot. I thought it was a bit weird that the dirtbag ran that far before pointing his weapon at Ben. At the pool afterwards Sammy was kind of giving a look of something not being right.......

23. cc3915

Remember when he was playing with his weapon on the workbench? There was another one there (chrome plated), so I'd say the chance of a throwaway weapon is strong.

24. Pvt. Cowboy

I thought the saaaame thing. Beginning of the episode he was cleaning his glock... There sat a silver/chrome weapon, untouched.

firefighter39 and cc3915 like this.
  25. cc3915

And the weapon recovered at the shooting looked like the same one. Case solved.