Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert) | Page 13 | MassCops

Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Big.G, Apr 8, 2009.

1. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

And this season has been flawless. I love this show!

2. JMody

JMody Special...

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

4. JMody

JMody Special...

Nope.

5. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

'Southland' puts viewers on L.A.'s mean streets

The gritty TNT crime series uses former gang members and off-duty LAPD personnel to bolster the reality quotient of story lines that are usually filmed on location.

By Miles Corwin, Special to the Los Angeles Times
    March 4, 2012

The suspect is a teenager, a baby-faced black kid out for a joyride in "the Jungle," a high-crime maze in southwest Los Angeles. Two white LAPD cops attempt to pull him over. The teenager, cornered in a cul-de-sac, backs up toward them. One cop panics, accidentally fires a shot and blows out the back windshield, narrowly missing the driver.

All the variables add up to the calculus of a riot: young black suspect, trigger-happy white cop, inner-city neighborhood. Irate residents shout at the cops and pour out of apartments, dash down the sidewalk, sprint from between buildings. Before the riot ignites, however, other residents on the street, who had witnessed the incident from the beginning and had seen the cameras rolling, explain that the shooting was not real, merely a scene from the television show "Southland."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-ca-southland-20120304,0,235781.story
    Direct link from the story that should work.

JMody and LA Copper like this.
  6. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Ok, I enjoy the hell out of this show and this is a decent thread to discuss the program but my favorite part of this thread so far is SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED!!!! ROFLMMFAO!!!!! SWMBO!!!!!! ROARING EVERY TIME I READ THIS HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

LGriffin likes this.
  7. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Maybe USM C-4 should change his name to Rumpole. :D

fra444 likes this.
  8. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

It seems like Lucy's characters life is out of control. I wonder if they will write her out with a suicide?

9. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

cc3915 likes this.
  10. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

Let’s not forget the Ex-Con that showed up at the station with a tattoo of her on his chest a few episodes ago. I don’t think we have seen the last of him. Between this, the husband serving her divorce papers, and the red tip on the fake gun incident, I would not bet on her being around to much longer.

LGriffin likes this.
  11. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

I personally don't think she was going to last, and unfortunately, I think Southland unintentionally gave that away in the first episode she was in but I'll keep it to myself until we find out at the end of the season.

12. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Officer Sherman is fawkin up lately

Pvt. Cowboy likes this.
  13. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Yeah, haven't seen this weeks episode yet, but last week had two *VERY* unhappy cars out rollin' & patrollin'.

14. gm7988

gm7988 MassCops Member

No doubt about it. This show can't miss.

15. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

+1, I see a police funeral in her future.

That situation with Sherman was ridiculous, i'm glad Sammy put him in his place.

JMody and fra444 like this.
  16. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I can empathize with Sherman, but wonder if hes setting himself up for his own off-duty retaliation. That's something I think will be a challenge for me, especially dealing with children.
    Rewatching the previous season, Sammy should have popped that guy in the desert. He was the one holding the bat when Nate got killed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

17. OCKS

OCKS Guest

I'm your partner, I'll have your back punch for punch, bullet for bullet, but I won't give you my house, my pention, or my freedom, Every Field Training Officer should say this to the new boots everyday.

18. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

That is a fantastic message.

The whole Ben thing reminded me of one of the first Adam-12 episodes (Yeah, I know, feel free to roll yer eyes at the old hairbag talking about stuff that went off the air decades ago) where the rookie got in some mother of the year's face about taking care of her kid, and the FTO told him he had to stop allowing it to get to him, to put on his cop face and deal with it at a remove.

You simply can't care that much and not get burnt out.

corsair, fra444 and LGriffin like this.
  19. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Well said, USM

Every "Ben Sherman" thinks they're gonna fix the world but it will eat you alive if you let it.
    There will always be certain things that you can't shield yourself from, mine were the little faces you pull from hiding on a nasty call. I wish I could've taken them all home with me but it's just not good to dwell on it so the best advice I can give is to stay away from booze and get a ton of exercise, which only prepares you better for the job mentally and emotionally.

20. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

[quote="LGriffin, post: 664833, member: ]so the best advice I can give is to stay away from booze and got a ton of exercise, which only prepares you better for the job mentally and emotionally.[/quote]
    Well this is wasted words!!!

Pass the Cabin Fever Maple Whiskey everyone!!!! DRINK UP!!

Kilvinsky and USMCMP5811 like this.
  21. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Ass!:D

fra444 and OCKS like this.
  22. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Same thing went through my mind.

JMody likes this.
  23. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Well this is wasted words!!!

Pass the Cabin Fever Maple Whiskey everyone!!!! DRINK UP!![/quote]

I've tried three whiskeys with honey and have liked all three, but the price of the third was the best! However, MAPLE whiskey? HOLY SHIT! I got me a hankerin' for a big old stack a pancakes and some maple 'syrup'! Hoooooooooooo-doggie, that would hit the spot right 'bout now!

fra444 likes this.
  24. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I got a bottle...and drank too much the first night, now don't even want to smell it. It was good but more butterscotch than maple to me. Had some great maple whiskey from Canada I wish I could find again.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Kilvinsky and fra444 like this.
  25. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I've tried three whiskeys with honey and have liked all three, but the price of the third was the best! However, MAPLE whiskey? HOLY SHIT! I got me a hankerin' for a big old stack a pancakes and some maple 'syrup'! Hoooooooooooo-doggie, that would hit the spot right 'bout now![/quote]
    I enjoy the hell out of it!! I get a slight maple on the front. And then a nice whiskey flavor. At. The back as its on its way down!! Hush is right though, you have to be careful because if you enjoy it too much it WILL kick your ass!

Kilvinsky likes this.