Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert) | Page 10 | MassCops

Southland (Caution! Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Big.G, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I think he was riding him MORE because of his addiction... Though the back issue definitely played into it.

I'd be pissed TOO as a noob if someone put me in a rear-naked choke on a rooftop when my FTO was too goofballed out to catch up...

How about Sammy being super-salty huh? Gonna be an interesting next season if Sam and Ben are riding together...

2. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Being it's a TV show, we're supposed to assume that some time has passed from week to week.

Speaking only for our department, you're right, we wouldn't be back on the street the same day. However, the way it works out here, if you're involved in an OIS on Monday, you would have to see a department psychologist as soon as possible, usually the next day. The chief has a 72-hour briefing regarding the OIS. If the psychologist says you're ok and the chief believes the OIS looks "clean," then you are back on the street by Thursday. It's the department's philosophy to get you back to "normal" as soon as possible.

As for the partners splitting up during a foot pursuit like the one with Ben and Cooper, there would be an issue with the department's policy. We're not supposed to split up due to the potential consequences as happened in this episode.

But then again, it's a TV show and what would it be without some type of drama.

3. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

Like LACopper said, it's a tv show and what would it be without some type of drama? Apparently Ben Sherman would rather fight fair and almost get killed than use the shit available to him on his belt as necessary like he is paid to do. The only thing that allowed Ben Sherman to survive that fight was the script. Now they can't not have a season 4 after that....

Loved the "that's how you stop a fucking car...." quote in last week's episode.

4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I first read that in a Wambaugh book. I have since become "THE CAR GUY" and it's always paid off. Did just last night! :smug:

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

As soon as the bad guy made it to the other roof, you stop, you call in what building he's on and you let the cavalry search. LEAPING from one roof to the next is INSANE and puts you at serious risk. And what if Cooper HAD made it up to that roof in record time. I don't see too many officers wanting to make that jump so Sherman would have been putting himself in a tough spot REGARDLESS. I could even feel the adreneline rush when he stopped, turned and ran, jumping over the gap, but then I said to myself, "Self, NO FREAKIN' WAY!"

Yup, TV.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Absolute CLASSIC!

5. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Chasing someone over roof tops???/

Ehhhhh No!!!!

[​IMG]

6. NoSoupForYou

NoSoupForYou Adios, muchacho!

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there when it comes to someone as injured as Cooper. I've never been a cop so I can't speak from that standpoint but I would NEVER want to ride the truck and go into a fire with someone who is in as bad of shape as Cooper and I don't know how a cop could count on someone like that. I know it's easy for a young guy like me to say but there's a difference between waking up with a sore back, popping a couple tylenol and heading in for the day compared to having a serious physical injury like that. I understand it's TV but I would never want to have to count on somebody who can barely get out of the car and do the basic day to day stuff to have to help save my life.

7. LA Copper

~

You got that right, Kilv. Unless he just killed my Mom, then the heck with that jump! Not to mention, all he had to do was call for an air unit who could have very easily followed the bad guy from above. That's what they're there for.

But like we agree, it's a TV show; gotta have some added drama.

8. Kilvinsky

There are guys on lots (probabaly almost every) jobs that will be suffering in silence because to give in and give up is unworthy of them. We've all at times sucked up some pain and soldiered on, but there are those who simply won't acknowledge pain and yeah, it's CRAZY and dangerous. Machismo doesn't cut it when you can't bail a guy out.

But that run, even many guys in good shape wouldn't be worth much by the time they caught up to that guy on the roof.

It's like when a guy calls for assistance, you'll have your guys (like me) who go directly there and quickly, but safely. My feeling is, I want to get there in one piece because if I crack up, or kill some poor pedestrian, I ain't helpin' NO ONE. But some guys will go hell bent for leather (whatever the hell that really means?) and drive like fools because, "ONE OF OUR OWN NEEDS HELP!" How often do they end up in accidents and NO ONE gets any help?

Sometimes ya gotta step back, take a breath and approach things from the perspective of, "What's the BEST way to handle this for everyone involved?"

Remember that famous exchange in "COLORS" about the two bulls?

9. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

10. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

11. Kilvinsky

You know something, I've got a rather thick book that explains lots of these old expressions. I should have used it. But now I don't have to. Informative and kind of funny. Thanks firefighter!

12. LA Copper

I was at our academy today and much to my surprise, Southland was filming there. It will be episode 5 next season, which begins in January.

I spoke with "Sammy" for a few minutes. He seemed like a decent guy. The uniform is exactly the same except the for the badge, which is just a wee bit different. Also saw "Ben" as they were applying make up to his face. I took a couple of pictures but since I'm still an amateur with computers, I don't still don't know how to download them on here. Looking forward to the show starting up.

13. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Good news! I like that show.

14. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Thanks , I needed a reminder of how batshit crazy people can be.

15. Kilvinsky

something to look forward to. Thanks LACopper and star gazer!

16. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

So when is your cameo?

17. LA Copper

Guess I don't have the "right look" 'cause they didn't ask.... bummer dude.

18. cc3915

Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 10pm, TNT.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

19. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

They picked up Lucy Liu!!! So hot!

20. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Holy Mom jeans! Definitely would've been better served by a well tailored low rise men's trouser.

[​IMG]

21. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Still sexy as hell, love that face

22. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

New season starts the 17th. Set your DVR's

Usa8235 and USMCMP5811 like this.
  23. cc3915

Usa8235 likes this.
  24. 263FPD