Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was up in Rochester, New Hampshire the other day and I saw a fully marked cruiser gassing up at a gas station, the driver wearing civilian clothes. The cruiser was from a city in Mass. a good 160 miles away from Rochester, NH. I don't want to mention the department, just in case it might get someone in trouble, but I was curious as to the reasons a cruiser from southern Massachusetts. would be 60-70 miles into New Hampshire.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was curious as to the reasons a cruiser from southern Massachusetts. would be 60-70 miles into New Hampshire.
Southern Massachusetts?
I know of the Cape.
I know of Eastern Massachusetts.
I know of Western Massachusetts.
I can't say I've ever heard any one refer to "Southern Massachusetts".

Throw me a bone here please. At least tell me/us what county the cruiser was out of. :Þ

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Hello. I was up in Rochester, New Hampshire the other day and I saw a fully marked cruiser gassing up at a gas station, the driver wearing civilian clothes. The cruiser was from a city in Mass. a good 160 miles away from Rochester, NH. I don't want to mention the department, just in case it might get someone in trouble, but I was curious as to the reasons a cruiser from southern Massachusetts. would be 60-70 miles into New Hampshire.
I don't think that anyone is going to get in trouble by naming the department. I seriously doubt that anyone would drive 160 miles away from their city/town without permission. I am sure it was a training event or seminar.

Southern Massachusetts or South Eastern Massachusetts??

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hampden County is where the city is located in. In fact, the city was Springfield.

SigArms is a ways away from there, no training going on that I know of in that area, I didn't think of the prisioner drop/pickup, and fireworks serious business in the surrounding hick towns, so maybe. :lol:

And I care, thats why I created the thread. 8) I was just curious what would make a city cop drive at least 330 miles round trip... I didn't think of prisioner drop/pickup or training, but those seem like good reasons. I didn't think that it was without authorization either, I figured that if a Springfield cop was up in East Nowheresville, NH he had a valid reason, I just didn't want to name the city in the original post lest it look like I was targeting that department or whatever. I just usually don't see a cop from that far south in MA, that far north in NH, thats all.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hampden County is where the city is located in. In fact, the city was Springfield.

SigArms is a ways away from there, no training going on that I know of in that area, I didn't think of the prisioner drop/pickup, and fireworks serious business in the surrounding hick towns, so maybe. :lol:

And I care, thats why I created the thread. 8) I was just curious what would make a city cop drive at least 330 miles round trip... I didn't think of prisioner drop/pickup or training, but those seem like good reasons. I didn't think that it was without authorization either, I figured that if a Springfield cop was up in East Nowheresville, NH he had a valid reason, I just didn't want to name the city in the original post lest it look like I was targeting that department or whatever. I just usually don't see a cop from that far south in MA, that far north in NH, thats all.
I got a better idea for you to spend your time. Click this hyperlink it is more fun then worrying about out of state police cruisers.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
186 Posts
Awwww! Thanks Mark! Now I can finally meet the Asian wife of my dreams!!!! :inlove: :wub:

I was curious, thats all. Come on Mark, you can't make me believe if you saw a Springfield, NH cruiser driving down the streets of Boston, you wouldn't be curious about it.
I would just naturally assume that the out of town officer was just attempting to learn from the best. The Boston Police Department, the first organized police department in the nation.

Excuse while I step down off my soapbox...thanks for the set up question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.