Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:?: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything but reading on this site. I've read
a lot of good info using this forum so I thought I would throw a question/request
out there. My department has a mt. bike unit but no SOPs for it. Does anyone
know if their department has SOPs for the bike unit, and if so, would you let
me know so I might be able to obtain a copy?
Thanks in advance and stay safe out there!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Contact C.O.B.W.E.B., Inc. The standard training manual for the "Police Mountain Bike Patrol Officer" class has some generic samples that can be modified to fit the needs of the specific department. If you haven't already looked into the basic C.O.B.W.E.B. class, consider it. The 3 day course teaches you a lot and the instructors are willing to testify one your behalf that you were properly trained in the use of force issues that can be presented by using a bike as an impact weapon, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost: $229.00 per officer, with payment due on or before the first class

To reserve seats please call C.O.B.W.E.B. INC. at 781-395-8708

·
Registered
40 Posts
the COBWEB site is a good place to look for generic SOPs, PM me and I can see what I can do about getting authorization to release our SOP to you. I would offer this piece of advice though. If/when you chose to go to a mountain bike school, I would go International Police Mountain Bike Association (IPMBA) rather than COBWEB. I have taken both classes and the IPMBA course was much more intensive. I guess it may depend on the instructior but I learned alot more from the IPMBA course than the COBWEB. Just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.