Somewhat login problem | MassCops

Somewhat login problem

Discussion in 'Registering & Login Troubles' started by union1, Sep 27, 2004.

1. union1

union1 Subscribing Member

Gil, for some reason when I enter the site new posts are not orange like they were at one time. Is this something wrong with my comp?

2. rpdp53

rpdp53 New Member

does your computer say 0 under view new posts since last visit...gil think it maybe a problem with the cookies on my computer bu ti haven't changed anything...just wondering if anyone else has that problem

3. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

it may be the way your computer stores the cookies. seems to be working on this end, anyone else having problems??

4. rpdp53

rpdp53 New Member

gil, new posts are not orange on my either...

Posted 27 Sep 2004 19:27:

they always were until yesterday

Posted 27 Sep 2004 19:29:

also my cookies seem to be working fine in all other web site i use....thanks for checking ..rpdp53

5. Gil

Try deleting the cookie that refers to MassCops it should be in your temp internet folder and will look something like Cookie:eek:[email protected]/

6. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

The new posts are supposed to be orange? Mine never were...back to my sliderule... :shock:

7. quality617

quality617 Subscribing Member

posts since last logon

For some reason, for the last few days when I've logged on and selected view posts since last logon, the board tells me that there are no new posts, but I check the forums manually, and there are indeed new posts.

Ideas?

8. bstrawse

bstrawse MassCops Member

Re: posts since last logon

try deleting your cookies, clearing your cache, and re-logging in.

Bryan

9. Gil

[​IMG] New Post in Forum
    [​IMG] Once in the forum, indicates what posts are new.
    [​IMG] Clicking on this icon that is beside the the title of the new post will take you to the latest reply, (handy for the 77 RTT thread)

10. rpdp53

rpdp53 New Member

I tried deleting cookies and relogging in...didn't work...still says no new posts even though there are...

Posted 28 Sep 2004 14:15:

glad it's not just me...i even did system restore on my computer to last week...

Posted 28 Sep 2004 14:49:

Gil, I don;t know if you answer this but i noticed that at the top, it states "you last visited at..." and underneath, "the time is now..." my computer states the exact date and time for both since yesterday...

11. union1

Gil, cleared ALL cookies and cashe still nothing.. It keeps telling me that there are 0 new posts. I didnt touch my computer settings and it only started happening a few days ago

Posted Tue 28 Sep, 2004:

IDK what happened but its working again :?:

12. Gil

There is a problem with the way the session cookies are being handled. I am working on adjusting the code to get it back to normal

13. union1

Gil, happening again... :-(

14. Gil

Still working on it, I have added a pull down on the main board page to view post by a selected time (we had it a while ago and i just found the hack again) so for now I guess use that.

Don't know what the hell I changed to screw it up and it is hard to track down because added one simple hack you have to modify 4 or 5 php files and sometimes up to a few hundred lines of code.

Need to get back in the habit of backing these dam files up before I go on a code hacking binge...

Sorry for the goof up.

15. rpdp53

rpdp53 New Member

Gil, the pull down was there this morning, now that is gone as well....

16. Gil

still replacing older files trying to get it back to normal......it's a work in progress.

17. union1

Gil, I dont know whats going on. It works one day then the next it dont. It definitly cant be my computer since Im using 3 different ones.

18. Gil

I removed the password security mod because people were having a hard time with it. It should be back to normal (the login) as for the new post I am still working on that.

19. union1

Gil, I dont know if its me but im still having the issue of New Posts not being orange or even saying there is any new posts..