Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info in the department... if they have a good relationship with the regulars and do you get alot of experience ... how much work do they let you do there ?? any info would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have any info in the department... if they have a good relationship with the regulars and do you get alot of experience ... how much work do they let you do there ?? any info would be appreciated thank you
I wasted 2 years there. You will only get armed if you are friends with certain people. They will only put you through NERPI if you are friends with certain people. The regulars look at you like you are a pain in the ass. You will work for free. Look for a place that will give your NERPI right away and let you work paid details... I think Wilimington is pretty good from what I hear.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
Anonymous @ Wed 08 Dec said:
I wasted 2 years there. You will only get armed if you are friends with certain people. They will only put you through NERPI if you are friends with certain people. The regulars look at you like you are a pain in the ass. You will work for free. Look for a place that will give your NERPI right away and let you work paid details... I think Wilimington is pretty good from what I hear.
Well if you didn't get nerpi obviously you didn't ask.

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
I got NERPI once but after a shot from my doctor, it got cleared up! :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anonymous @ Wed 08 Dec said:
Well if you didn't get nerpi obviously you didn't ask.
Maybe it's just me but I didn't think you should have to ask for training.

Posted Thu 09 Dec, 2004 13:36:

\
I wasted 2 years there...
Well, if you felt like you were wasting your time, why did you stay with it?

Auxillaries are not paying gigs - it's not like you were staying there to support yourself...
I was young, stupid and thought it would improve my chances to move ahead in the field.

·
Subscribing Member
312 Posts
I too wasted two years with the Somerville Aux. Let me clue you people in on how it works over there. They have two - four officers riding around in a car patrolling schools and parks. If they are lucky one officer will have the reserve academy. I can recall patrolling in a marked car, wearing a police uniform and both officers in the car had NO training. Can you say liability? You had to be there 1 year before they would think about sending you to the reserve academy and you better kiss some serious ass before they would sign that application. Oh yes and you had to pay for it yourself. Now lets talk about getting armed. The policy was that they would not arm you unless you were promoted to Sgt, unless of course you kissed the right ass. Hey wannabe1, what was the name of that officer that kissed Capt W's ass so he could get armed? Really the place was full of 30+year old guys that never became real cops so they run around Somerville and play cops and robbers.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
John J @ Fri 10 Dec said:
I too wasted two years with the Somerville Aux. Let me clue you people in on how it works over there. They have two - four officers riding around in a car patrolling schools and parks. If they are lucky one officer will have the reserve academy. I can recall patrolling in a marked car, wearing a police uniform and both officers in the car had NO training. Can you say liability? You had to be there 1 year before they would think about sending you to the reserve academy and you better kiss some serious ass before they would sign that application. Oh yes and you had to pay for it yourself. Now lets talk about getting armed. The policy was that they would not arm you unless you were promoted to Sgt, unless of course you kissed the right ass. Hey wannabe1, what was the name of that officer that kissed Capt W's ass so he could get armed? Really the place was full of 30+year old guys that never became real cops so they run around Somerville and play cops and robbers.
It's not that way now the only 30+ guys are the chief and the Deputy chief. I got my Certificate for the reserve academy signed my second week there. And so what if they arm only Sgts? Also it's only a 2 man car no 3 and 4 man cars. Additionally that's your own fault for wasting 2 years there. You coulda quit. Obviously you didn't get very far into the LE field. :roll:

Scott :pc:

·
Registered
154 Posts
John J @ Fri 10 Dec said:
It's not that way now the only 30+ guys are the chief and the Deputy chief. I got my Certificate for the reserve academy signed my second week there. And so what if they arm only Sgts? Also it's only a 2 man car no 3 and 4 man cars. Additionally that's your own fault for wasting 2 years there. You coulda quit. Obviously you didn't get very far into the LE field. :roll:

Do you consider being a Somerville Aux. as being far in the L.E. field?

·
Subscribing Member
312 Posts
SAPD @ 10 Dec 2004 12:34 said:
It's not that way now the only 30+ guys are the chief and the Deputy chief.
Is this supposed to be a coherent sentence?

SAPD @ 10 Dec 2004 12:34 said:
I got my Certificate for the reserve academy signed my second week there. And so what if they arm only Sgts? Also it's only a 2 man car no 3 and 4 man cars. Additionally that's your own fault for wasting 2 years there. You coulda quit. Obviously you didn't get very far into the LE field. :roll:
When I was there they did NOT send you until you had been there for ONE YEAR. So either they changed the policy or you got down on your knees. If you read my entire post you would see that my point was that they only arm the Sgts UNLESS you kissed ass, meaning there was one officer there that got armed because Capt W really liked him. I think they had something going on. And yes they did have 3 and 4 man clown cars out patrolling the city. As far as it being my own fault for wasting 2 years, I actually thought that being an auxiliary officer would help me further my LE career. Let me clue you in on something it doesn't mean SHIT. You are just wasting time. You are right, I could have quit and I tried to. The only problem was when I turned in my resignation to the LT I was informed that the person that handles resignations was out on leave and that I would have to wait. I chose to leave my letter and equipment on the Deputy Chiefs

Posted 10 Dec 2004 22:29:

Wannabe1 @ 10 Dec 2004 17:39 said:
Do you consider being a Somerville Aux. being far in the L.E. field?
I'll will bet he is happy with his big aux LE career. :L:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts