Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!!

Great Job to my brothers/sisters from BSC, Salem State, BHCC, and MCC showing up at the State House last Tuesday. I think we made a positive, articulate and factual presentation to the Joint Committee on Higher Education. They seemed a bit concerned that the RMV was impacting the ability of State Campus Police to legally enforce the laws as empowered by MGL's (CH73 s.18/CH15A s.22) by not issuing ticket books since 2003.

MADD representative made an excellent presentation in support of this bill (S#775) and Municipal Officer Paul Dowd educated the committee in regards to the high level of training received by campus police officers that often "exceeds that of my municipal counterparts" Senator Pacheco stated his disbelief that after nearly forty years of statutory authority to write CMVI, the RMV would seem to declare a "turf war" and remove state campus police agencies from the distribution list for uniform citations. Chief Tillinghast and a senior administrator from BSC related factual incidents of serious criminal charges arising from CMVI's @ Bridgewater. Sgt. Sherry/Salem State also testified expertly and presented well as a 10+ year professional.
8)
Final hat tip to Andi Mullen/AFSCME#93 for her efforts in coordinating the testimony!
:t: =D>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.