Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Social Security Numbers

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Crvtte65 
#1 ·
I was going through the list of regionally assigned SSN's (first three numbers) and thought of a good question. I have no military knowledge as far as on-base living in foreign countries etc so this sparked it. What if an American soldier living with the spouse has a child on-base in Germany. I take it the base is considered "American soil" but what would be used in determining the regionally assigned number in the child's SSN? Would it be the soldier's home address even if they have no actual physical property there?

The first three (3) digits of a person's social security number are determined by the ZIP Code of the mailing address shown on the application for a social security number
I emailed the SSA and, well, they suck. Their response was a cut and paste of the webpage on their website. Almost like it was fully automated. So, any ex-military shine some light?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I was talking with someone in the military but he was too old, his kids didn't need them till they turned 12 haha. I am guessing then that if your mother was enlisted and not your father they would use your mom's home as she is the reason why the family is over there. Thanks again and consider yourself more helpful than the federal government :t:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.