Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this B&E reported to me at the front window this past saturday. Occurred last moth nearly two weeks ago. Yes, it was reported then but blown off by the original responder. The dipshit suspect was seen in the house. the suspect dropped a personal item that with a little leg work was tracked to her. Got the suspect ID'ed yesterday and confronted her. She tells me it was in fact her son that was responsible. Mother of the year brings him in. A juvenile. He tells me that he did the whole thing. Then this morning I get a call from another cop saying the kid confides in his caseworker that mommy dearest made him say he did something he didn't do and he is really upset that he was made to lie to the police. Soooooo.... I look a bit further in to it and reinterview the victim. Based on some facts that she did not originally think to mention, I would have never thought to ask, and of course based on the statements the kid makes to his caseworker, it is very clear that this Super Mom is making her son take the hit for her. Could it be that she is a 150+ time loser with open issues as we speak? Hey, why not... We all know that a juvenile will face almost zero penalties on a first offense ever.

Some folks shouldn't have children, and with any luck after my meeting with DCF tomorrow, she will not have that "problem" to worry about for a little while. In my 16 years, this is the absolute first time that I have ever seen a parent force their child to take the fall for them.

·
Always Watching
8,292 Posts
Makes ya wish you could take them all home like stray
I have a friend who takes in foster kids. Her husband was a foster kid and they have three children of their own. They're some of the best people I know. They have a beautiful home, treat the kids like gold and they cry when they have to leave them. I don't know how they do it. Oddly, they say the same about policing and having to see the circumstances first hand.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A little update for you all. Today I put this case to bed. Locked the mother of the year up and had the kids removed. Recovered the stolen watch and all that happy horse shit. She will be making the front page of the local rag hopefully on friday. Can't wait to see it if that is the case. This one definitely needs to be tarred and feathered.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Feather in your cap, but I already know the answer to this next question. Is the originally assigned guy even a little embarassed about blowing this off?

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Feather in your cap, but I already know the answer to this next question. Is the originally assigned guy even a little embarassed about blowing this off?
I think he was somewhat. At first he was like "What the fuck ever" but when this started to unfold, he got very uncomfortable. I got my hands on this Saturday. It's been completely put to bed at 19:00 today. I am not embarrassed to tell you that I collected a nice chunk of OT on this. Will take several hours more when I take a ride to Boston A-1 to collect the recovered property tomorrow.

The end result is that her kids are in a better environment, the victims are happy and once again respect the police, and I am happy with the outcome. Been a pretty goof month work wise between the guns, the drugs, a solved Jewelry theft, and now this thing too. Almost feels like I am working for a "Real" Police department again, because sometimes I think I am working at a Three Ring Circus, and the ringmaster whips the fuck out of us.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Outstanding, but not at all surprised the shithead judge didn't revoke her previous bail.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.