Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Yes and the worms are still working their way around the net. Just a few minutes ago I installed a little extra security that protects against this worm and within 5 minutes I already had hits in the log...

Here is the log...

http://www.masscops.com/phpBB2/ctrack.txt

One of the worms victims...

http://217.199.170.98/

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Gil - do you log the IP's of registered users?
If so, can you compare the IP of the hacks to see if a members PC is being used stealthily?

Network Security isn't my specialty, but I know these little assholes
frequently relay off an unsuspecting host. It's just a thought.

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
KozmoKramer";p="50554 said:
Gil - do you log the IP's of registered users?
If so, can you compare the IP of the hacks to see if a members PC is being used stealthily?

Network Security isn't my specialty, but I know these little assholes
frequently relay off an unsuspecting host. It's just a thought.
Yes the IP's are logged but the log in the previous post is from infected phpBB's sending out the worm not personal computers

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
This is getting ridiculous, I am getting 20,000 visits a day from infected phpBB boards trying to inject mysql statements!

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
I'm not sure about cpanel but the log posted above has been cleaned out twice already because of it's size. Each line is a visit and when I open it up in a text editor it is showing 20,000 plus lines of logged information.

An interesting note on the stats though I noticed that they have jumped in the past few days, I don't know what it is but here is a sample....

I went from an average of 1,700 visits a day to over 16,000 visits yesterday.

An average of 30,000 page views a day to over 68,000 yesterday.

Unique visitors usually is around 7,000 per month so far this month I am at 13,000+

But I don't see any increase in referring URLS so either MassCops hit the press somewhere or this worm is fuc&ing with my stats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.