Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Photo by Mark Garfinkel
Leia DiBiase, a lifelong Red Sox fan from Saugus, is seen here re-enlisting.

Stars, stripes, and the Green Monster!
What better way to tie your love of country and Boston baseball than to have a military re-enlistment ceremony at Fenway Park [map].
"I've been brought up a Red Sox [team stats] girl. It's part of my blood," said Petty Officer 2nd Class Leia Dibiasie, a third-generation Navy sailor, who traveled back home from Spain for a specially requested re-enlistment ceremony in the pavilion of the Red Sox' stadium yesterday afternoon in front of family, veterans and fellow sailors.
A native of Saugus, Diabiasie is following in her sister's, father's and grandfather's footsteps by re-enlisting in the Navy for the second time.
"I've experinced some amazing things," said the EMT/sailor with career ambitions to work in the field of cardiology after 15 years in the Navy.
Her tours on the USS Nimitz during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom has taken her across the world as far as Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
"I've worked in a hospital in Okinawa, did humanitarian work and medical care in the Philippines. I couldn't have asked for a better job," she said.
"I'm extremely proud of anyone that wears this uniform. It's a huge commitment," said Navy Capt. Stephen Castinetti, who led the ceremony. "It's nice to see qualifed, committed young people standing up to fill these positions. It gives a sense of patriotism," he said. "We're in good hands."

(1) Comments | Post / Read Comments

http://bostonherald.com/news/region..._sailing_at_Fenway_Park_for_Navy_re-enlistee/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts