Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
My father smoked pot. Was he "plain stupid" as someone put it? The blanket accusations and idictments of someone just because they smoked pot are a little excessive. Unless we are all robots with badges the totality of circumstances must always be taken into account.
My father was former Anglico, retired NYPD ESU Sgt. He ran marathons, didnt smoke, didnt drink and never took an apsirin let alone any other drug. When he was undergoing chemotherapy and radiation due to the cancer of his liver his weight dropped from 185 to 130 lbs at its lowest. He tried everything from acupuncture to traditional medicinal remedies. He couldnt eat and couldnt stop throwing up. The accupuncturist told him that there was good research showing medicinal marijuana could help him get an appetite and curb his naseau.
It was and is illegal in NY. He "acquired" it nonetheless through less than legal channels and smoked it in his home. He died before I knew any of this. But what I did know is that before he died he was able to sit down to eat his last Thanksgiving meal with his Grandson on his lap.
So, was he a criminal? Absolutely. Someone should have locked him up I guess to teach him a lesson.

The world is not black and white.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.