Sleep Apnea | MassCops

Sleep Apnea

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by kateykakes, Mar 16, 2018.

1. kateykakes

kateykakes MassCops Member

Does anyone here have sleep apnea? I have about 7 common symptoms and I had to go for a sleep study last night. I'm not sure when the results will be in, but I'm told I may have to go back again. I didn't think I would be able to sleep since I have insomnia so bad, but my doc prescribed Ambien and I had the best night of sleep in such a long time. I don't want the Ambien on a nightly basis, so I'm curious about a few things: For anyone who does have sleep apnea, do you have to use a CPAP or BIPAP machine, are they uncomfortable, and do you sleep better with the device(s)"

As always, thanks in advance.

kk

2. Poppy206

Poppy206 MassCops Member

I use a BIPAP machine and have for about 6 years. Never realized how bad my sleep apnea was until I had the sleep test. I was sleeping less than two hours in an 8 hour period. I was always tired, stressed and grumpy. I can't imagine not using my machine now. It takes awhile to get use to it. The best advice I can give is, if they prescribe you a machine, try to use it for at least a few hours at a time. You won't believe how well you sleep.

kateykakes likes this.
  3. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

When I went for test, they actually fit a mask that night.. maybe you have sonetsome else.

kateykakes likes this.
  4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

My wife uses one and it's helped her sleeping. Whatever I miss at home, I try to make up for it at work. I just pictured using a CPAP at work. :D

mpd61, pahapoika and kateykakes like this.
  5. kateykakes

I was told depending on the results, I may have to come back. I tried to have a test done a few years back, but I ended up leaving about 3am on the second night. The tech put the mask on me and because I'm a mouth breather, he tried to put a chin strap on me. I didn't want any parts of it at all. It made me feel claustrophobic, so home I went.

6. kateykakes

:D:D

7. kateykakes

If I have to go back and wear a mask, I'll stick it out. I'll just have my doc prescribe Ambien again and go out like a light!

8. Kilvinsky

I'd be playing fighter pilot.

I've yet to grow up.

I personally have NO PROBLEM believing that. ;)

mtc, pahapoika, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kilvinsky

kateykakes, you've been MIA for a while now. I'm glad you're back.

And absolutely, mtc is awesome, but she's more stubborn than Noriega was in Panama.

mtc, mpd61, pahapoika and 1 other person like this.
  10. kateykakes

Thanks! Ir'a nice to be back!

Kilvinsky and mtc like this.
  11. kateykakes

So, I received a call today regarding my sleep study. I wasn't told any results, but I do see the sleep study doc tomorrow. I'm guessing he's going to tell me I have sleep apnea. Just peachy.