Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

MassCops Load Times

• A few seconds of delay but nothing noticeable.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At least 10 seconds but bearable.

• Between 20 to 40 seconds to load a friggen page!

• Over 40 seconds, I'm going to get a beer.

• Does not load many times!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been having problems with the page load times on the site. I am 99% sure it is server related but I want to make sure before I go off the deep end with the hosting provider. It seems that since I upgraded my account they downgraded the server. :x

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Usually less than 10 seconds, but it does vary.. sometimes taking as along as 30-40 seconds... and even on occasion I just give up..

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the past week around 7:30 to 9 or so it has been real bad, I installed a script on the main page to record the load times every time someone enters the site to prove to the hosting company that there is a problem. I did a little research on the server and apparently there are over 750 domains on the dam thing. Someone must be getting some serious traffic to cause such a load on the dam thing.

I have requested them a few times to look into this but keep getting the same response "there was a lot of traffic to the server but it's all set now" yeah until the next day at the same time.

I would really hate to move everything again but if they don't get off their ass and in gear it may be time to find a new home for MassCops.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Gil, I was going to PM you about this topic, but I wanted to rule out my ISP first. Since its been brought up, I guess I’m not alone. I too have noticed intermittent latencies in resolving pages, both at home in the evening and from my PC at work.

Sometimes 10 seconds or so, other times so long I get DNS timeouts in my browser. Could be a number of open connections to the site (bandwidth), or possibly the hosting facility?? Good luck!

G

·
I use Comcast internet. Its not always as fast as they say, but this site always loads quickly and is the fastest since the recent changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts