Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmons College PD

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  LenS 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any useful info on Simmons? What is the pay like for the open Sgt./Investigator position? I noticed that they want a valid LTC. Do they carry? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

#6 ·
Old thread, but I'm new to these forums. :D

I did IT support for Simmons College 2001-2002 and my Wife and I attended an exhibit at Simmons a few weeks ago, so I can offer somewhat up-to-date info.

The director of security is Gerry Chaulk. Gerry seemed to be a nice guy, retired Captain (IIRC) in Chelsea or Everett PD. His top ranking officers were Simmons employees, but everyone below that was a contract security guard. NOBODY was armed at the college.

It's also a very strange place for straight males to work at! It has a very high percentage of gay-lesbian students (it is basically an all girls school) and employees and very few males working there (exception might be for faculty) . . . this was even admitted to me outright by one of the Personnel Reps and a VP (who is straight).

It was also a very difficult place to work post-9/11 as there was an almost unanimous anti-war sentiment on campus.

When we were there a few weeks ago, I stopped by Gerry's office just to say hello in case he was in (he wasn't). Let's just say that the contract guards (don't recall what the patch said) that I saw that day (a Sunday) were 5 very unprofessional looking young guys . . . three were hanging out having a smoke on the front steps of the main building when I entered the building and one was in the same place much later in the day when we walked back out that same door.

#9 ·
Don't believe everything you read especially on the Simmons web page. It is very out of date the place is making some big changes how big only time and money will tell. Gerry Chaulk is an excellent boss though I think most that have worked for him would agree with that.

#11 ·
The director of security is Gerry Chaulk. Gerry seemed to be a nice guy, retired Captain (IIRC) in Chelsea or Everett PD..
Actually Gerry came from the Revere Police Department...
Jack, thanks for the correction. I'll blame the error on "old age", it's been a while since I talked with Gerry and us South Shore folks consider everything across the River "up there". :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.