Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where one could find some info online about the new SJC rules for show-ups & photo arrays?? Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I haven't been able to find anything online, but try contacting the Executive Office of Public Safety and/or the Middlesex County District Attorney's Office.

EOPS has a 1-page sheet titled "Instructions to Witness before Viewing"

and the Middlesex DA's Office drafted 3 forms titled:

1. Show-up Identification Checklist

2. Photo Array Identification Checklist

3. Photo Array Composition Checklist

Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety
1 Ashburton Place
Room 2133
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 727-7775

I can't find a generic # for Middlesex County DA, but I'm sure your local ADA can help you out.

If you don't have any luck, PM me and I can fax you copies of the above listed items.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You don't want to know....believe me.

We had roll call training two months ago.

More paperwork. Two pages on the new form to be exact.

Yup....show- ups used to be good.

May they rest in peace.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see what you mean - I found the paperwork tonite at work. I had an incident which didn't meet the criteria for a show-up the other nite so the suspects walked. Gotta love all the legal "advancements" being made!

·
Registered
165 Posts
As police officers of various types of agencies, we have anywhere between 120 hours and 900+ hours of formal training. It only makes sense that we lighten the load of the ADAs, DAs, clerks and judges who typically have 3+ years of law school and such. All we can do is keep the faith and try and keep the paperwork, etc. squared away to maintain the integrity of our hard work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts