Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have 529 days left on active duty. I planned on taking a the late test since the next one won't be until a year after I get out (assuming the next test is apr-jun 2007). I wanted to take it for 2 reasons.

1.) It would be good practice, I scored a 99 2 tests ago so it would be good to take the test again.
2.) I may take the test almost a year late but for that year I could still apply to Civil Circus PD's if I wait then I am outta luck until the next test.

So what do you all think? should I take it or not?

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Take it.. since the new list won't be available until next sept or so... and who knows, some towns my pull a few names off this list before it expires.

·
Registered
410 Posts
EOD master-you gotta take it man. If you dont get on off the list, at least you have some practice taking it and know what to expect. When I first took the test, I was too old. But lo and behold, here comes the pension reform acts of 1996. Part of that was doing away w/the upper age limit for POs. My second testing session went MUCH better. I got hired off my third test, (less than 8 hrs. after stepping off of a C-5 coming home from an Operation Northern Watch TDY) Enuff of these murky, convoluted and nebulous war stories. TAKE THE TEST! 8) (Hey Dunngie-whassup w/the MassHighway stuff?) (nice camel toe...)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would without a doubt take the test if i were you. I take every test possible even if i know i am not going to work there because it is a good experience.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
EOD1 - Absolutely take the test! I'm 40 and live in New Hampshire and I'm taking it. You never know until you try. You can bitch about the $60.00, but its short money considering you are are getting a feel for how Civil Service tests are administered and what types of subject matter are on those exams. You can put that experience to use on the next exam. Whether it be Firefighter, Muni-Police, State Police, Corrections, Telecommunications, whatever... Good Luck pal! :thumbup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Unfortunately, taking the Civil Circus test in MA is like playing the MA lottery. If you don't play, you won't win. Even worse, I think the odds are better with the lottery. :shock:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Take the test...you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket! You never know what will happen: My class was the first off the list. The next class was FOUR YEARS LATER! And sometimes, they take three classes from the list (not advisable, but they do!)!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.