Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHICAGO-- A police officer who was shot 11 times in what was called "an ambush" on a Saturday night almost exactly 14 years ago, died early Saturday.

Michael Robbins, then 43, was shot at least 11 times when he and his partner were hit with a volley of bullets in a South Side alley about 7:45 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 10, 1994.

The Cook County Medical Examiner confirms his death. He had been on medical disability from the police department since the shooting.

Both Robbins and his partner, 35-year-old Talmitch Jackson -- who was shot four times -- were wearing bulletproof vests, which saved their lives. Robbins was originally taken to Cook County Hospital in critical condition.

The officers, responding to a report of shots fired, were in an unmarked car in an alley behind the 6500 block of South Langley when they were shot. There had been no shots fired until their arrival.

"It was an ambush situation," then-spokesman Billy Davis said.

Robbins was an eight-year veteran when he was shot.

South Sider Claude McGee, then 22, was arrested in Jackson, Miss. for the shooting and charged with attempted murder. McGee had been on parole from the Pontiac State Correctional Facility in Michigan, where he had been released after serving time on an attempted murder conviction. He was sentenced in 1997 to 120 years in prison.

Robbins, who ran a victims' advocacy group, was publicly critical in 1999 of an Illinois Supreme Court decision to invalidate the state's truth-in-sentencing law.

In a letter at the time of McGee's sentencing to Criminal Court Judge James P. Flannery, Jr., Robbins wrote, "I realize no matter how fully I recover emotionally and physically and emotionally, I will never be the same person that I was, nor will I ever be able to forget."

Robbins, 57, was pronounced dead at 12:40 a.m. Saturday at the Stein Institute. An autopsy Saturday was inconclusive, pending further studies, according to the medical examine
WBBM

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
...He was sentenced in 1997 to 120 years in prison.
There is still a little justice in this world.
Good Lord.. 57 is far too young to go though, man that has to make you think.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
If he died from injuries related to the shooting cant they charge the guy with murder now...maybe we can fry him...save a few bucks.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
If that were Massachusetts, McGee would be out by now and just might have a state job.

RIP Brother, you didn't let 'em get you right away and you held out longer than most could ever hope to. That's a tough guy and my prayers are with his family.

·
18,508 Posts
Can you see the look on the douche bag's face if they told him he might get more time? Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

Then again, if that sentence were to be carried out, why risk another trial where some idiot might just throw a wrench into things and he walks. I mean, sure it's unlikely, but how many ridiculously unlikely things have happened over the years? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many!

·
18,508 Posts
Just make him suffer in excruciating pain for 14years, then toast him.

RIP Officer Robbins
Quietly leak word to the other prisoners that he's a diddler and let nature take it's course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts