Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have info on this department? I heard they're going armed. Even if they dont it sounds like a decent gig for me right now. I have an interview with them on thursday and a few of my buddies at work just got on.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Channy1984 said:
Anyone have info on this department? I heard they're going armed. Even if they dont it sounds like a decent gig for me right now. I have an interview with them on thursday and a few of my buddies at work just got on.
If you are going to work for DMH, MHR or DPH police the Shattuck is the place to work for experience:handcuff: . I work there for four years and I saw it all. I also was sponsored through the SSPO academy, did not here they were going to get armed however but who knows!:lol:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,778 Posts
DMH/DMR/DPH are great starting gigs......................

I don't think any Commissioner for any of these EOHHS agencies is inclined to arm them. I worked Campus Police and Compliance III positions at these places. There would have to be some great paradigm shift in how these agencies view their "police" programs. Believe me, from the Bosses at central office, to the nurses and clinicians, right down to the custodial staff..............There's no great cry or interest in arming these guys!
:sh:

G

·
No we are not going to be armed. Interesting place the Shattuck 284 assaults last year 312 assaults the year before. Lot's of 94C activity. Department has grown 1 Chief 1 Lt. 4 Sgt. 23 patrolman. Bigger than a lot of small towns and more active.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,540 Posts
I've always had the greatest admiration for the guys who do the job unarmed. It takes more guts than any other job, especially at places like the Shattuck. I haven't been there in years but I do recall that, despite the lovely setting (surrounded by trees) it's one scary place and the clientel are not always the cream of the crop. Good luck getting in there Channy. Grab them state bennies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.