Sh#t my dad says | MassCops

Sh#t my dad says

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Boston Irish Lass, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

Not sure if any of you have heard about this guy, Justin Halpern. He has a new show starting this Thursday based on stuff he's twittered that his dad has said to him.

Before you blow this off: read a couple of the posts from his twitter account:

"Put the rake down. I don't wanna sit around watching you 'give it your best.' Either stop sucking or get the fuck out of the way." 9:54 AM Aug 30th via ShitMyDadSays.com

"See, you think I give a shit. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of shit? That's why I look interested." 2:33 PM Aug 7th via ShitMyDadSays.com

"I’m not sure you can call that roughing it, son… Well, for one, there was a fucking minivan parked forty feet from your sleeping bags.” 10:39 AM Apr 16th via ShitMyDadSays.com

“You seen my cell phone?...What’s it look like? Like two horses fucking. It’s a phone, son. It looks like a phone." 10:44 AM May 3rd via ShitMyDadSays.com

2. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

The first one I posted is my favorite. Stop sucking or get out of the way. I am ALL about watching this on Thursday. Of course the parents are lining up to protest it already. But the key element in the following news story is this :
    CBS' 'Shit My Dad Says' Angers Parents Group

3. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Or, they could just try supervising their children. Here's a thought, pull the tv out of junior's room & watch tv with the little ones. If they're old enough that you can't keep an eye on them; then, they're old enough that they have probably heard/said worse.

I'm thinking that if this show is a success we could do a MassCops version: Shit posted on MassCops. We could get a whole franchise going. SPMC: Ask a Cop, SPMC: Daily Peeves, SPMC: Politics, etc. We'd rival the Law & Order & CSI franchises.

4. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

First of all BIL, thats for posting. Great laughs.

"A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

about 7 months ago from web

I knew a guy growing up I swear could have been the one to have said this!

5. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

ROFLMFAO!! [​IMG]

6. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

My class division at school has a Facebook page with a thread [email protected]#$ My Professor Says.

This is good, though. Time to get some non-political correctness on the air to remind us what life is all about. "All In The Family" for the 21st Century.

7. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Did anyone else end up watching this? I don't think it really lived up to the hype. Shatner's performance seemed forced (even for him). Hopefully it will get better. Just curious what other people thought about it.

8. Beal Feirste

Beal Feirste MassCops Member

I know the Missus was looking forward to and watched it. I'm afraid that when I heard it was Shatner, that put the spoiler on it for me. For feck sake I wish someone would beam him up.

9. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

It was pretty painful to sit through the episode.

10. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

I watched Honeymooner re-runs instead.

11. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Now you're talkin' CC. Best television show ever.

12. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I'm a Shatner fan. I really am, always have been probably always will be. This show, eh, it's ok. Nothing special but I'm willing to give it a few more tries. If it gets better, wonderful. If not, I don't think I'll care if it's cancelled.