Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Residents of a senior adult apartment complex in California staged a protest after the management of their building announced a ban on Christmas trees and menorahs in communal areas.

"We're all angry," resident Fern Scheel told the Los Angeles Daily News."We want that tree. Where's our freedom? This is ridiculous."

Photo by the Los Angeles Daily News
JB Partners Group sent a memorandum to The Willows in Newhall, Calif. ordering them to remove the Christmas tree from the community room because they deemed it a religious symbol, the newspaper reported.
Two dozen residents held a protest rally and placed a sign on the tree that read, "Please Save Our Tree."
"We could put out Easter baskets, have turkey for Thanksgiving but no tree for Christmas because it has Christ's name in the beginning of Christmas," resident Edna Johnson said.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...idents-outraged-after-christmas-tree-ban.html

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,537 Posts
Many seniors go conservatives, but that IS california. Typical liberal line, "THIS AND THIS AND THAT SHOULD BE DONE!.....but not here, this isn't the RIGHT neighborhood. Maybe down the road a mile or 10!"

G

·
Many seniors go conservatives, but that IS california. Typical liberal line, "THIS AND THIS AND THAT SHOULD BE DONE!.....but not here, this isn't the RIGHT neighborhood. Maybe down the road a mile or 10!"
Not in my observations, Kilv. Most seniors vote (D) because JFK was young, handsome, and died in office.

The truth is that JFK wouldn't make it out of the Democratic Primary today, because he was far too conservative.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,537 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
The funny thing is when I talk to older people even Obama/ Warren voters they are conservative, but they just don't pay attention and vote D because thats what they always did. Its scary. As far as the Christams tree bann. F them I hope they put up a bigger tree and chain themselves to it.

G

·
The funny thing is when I talk to older people even Obama/ Warren voters they are conservative, but they just don't pay attention and vote D because thats what they always did. Its scary. As far as the Christams tree bann. F them I hope they put up a bigger tree and chain themselves to it.
My father-in-law was a "good Democrat" when I first met him, but one night I sat him down and questioned him on different issues, and he was 100% in line with the Republican platform. I still remember the look of disbelief when I told him he was a DINO, and now he's a rabid conservative Republican.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts