Senate’s sweeping police reform bill would end qualified immunity | Page 7 | MassCops

Senate’s sweeping police reform bill would end qualified immunity

Discussion in 'Politics & Law Enforcement' started by USAF3424, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

F em all. Hello midnights, LONG naps, netflix and details. The job wasn’t worth it in this state to begin with.

zm88, CCCSD, Joel98 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Board of Oversight is a joke. It will be made up of folks with no institutional knowledge, just a rabid hatred of cops. Oh yeah, it'll be fair. Some sort of warped payback for any slight real or imagined.

zm88, Kilvinsky, Goose and 4 others like this.
  3. Treehouse413

Treehouse413 MassCops Member

Too late for me to switch , but if I could would’ve gone into the trades .

Mr Scribbles, CCCSD and Joel98 like this.
  4. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

This job absolutely sucks. Now its alot worse.

5. IamTheDude

IamTheDude MassCops Member

Normally I think we would all get a good laugh at these guys, but they may be on to something (instead of just on something).....

mpd61, Hush and USAF3424 like this.
  6. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

Oh I foresee the private security industry completely exploding with growth as more and more states go down moronic paths with their police forces. If I owned a business in one of the “defund” cities I’d seriously be looking at hiring some sort of security instead of waiting a day for a police response (or in some cases being flat-out told that their will be no response).

My state (NC) has a statute for company/special police officers that allows private entities (such as security companies) to hire sworn law enforcement with full powers on their property. Think of it sort of like Boston specials, although they don’t have the same limitations and are considered to be the same as municipal cops under law, just with limited jurisdiction. They must go through a full academy and the attorney general’s office conducts a full background and polygraph before they grant sworn status. I’ve seen these guys everywhere from malls to HOA communities, to business parks. If our state ever fucks with LE to the point that others have and goes full reactive, I’d consider leaving my agency and starting my own private PD to take in that sweet, sweet money from businesses and wealthy communities that suddenly need additional protection.

Kilvinsky and CCCSD like this.
  7. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Constables! Yeah! Their Day is coming.

mpd61 likes this.
  8. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

There he is!!

zm88, CCCSD, kdk240 and 3 others like this.
  9. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Two-thirds are shitbags looking to ruin Cops.

Attached Files:

PBC FL Cop, kdk240, CCCSD and 2 others like this.
  10. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

1. Trendy "threat management" and "violence Intervention" in titles.
    2. Tangible visible deterrent
    3. $2M revenue with 60 employees means about $30k a year tops for each VIPER "officer"
    This will probably be a successful enterprise for 2-5 years. Then high turn-over, lawsuits, and eventual public realization that this is just another "rent-a-cop" operation with little or no government oversight will knock it back to nothing.

02136colonel and CCCSD like this.
  11. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

The owner is a Clownshoes. They are a fucking lawsuit waiting to happen...

12. jjm98

jjm98 New Member

What is going to happen to recruits in the middle of a R/I academy? I see no mention in the bill that those will be given the chance to complete the class.

RodneyFarva and mpd61 like this.
  13. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

About 8 years ago, I used to work in a gun store. My co-worker/"manager" was one of the biggest dumbasses I've ever met; talked out his ass constantly about law enforcement and military related things he didn't have a damn clue about and was wrong about 90% of the time. BUT, one thing he said, and I dismissed it at the time, was that law enforcement was too understaffed and that municipalities and communities would start turning to private security forces very soon. Son of a bitch, that dumb motherfucker may have been right on this...

EUPD377, CCCSD, JR90 and 1 other person like this.
  14. PG1911

PG1911 Back Out in the Sticks

Knowing how the state works, it'll be "Nobody held a gun and made you shell out the money for this class. You can't fight city hall, so thanks for the $2,500. You'll get nothing and like it."

CCCSD likes this.
  15. felony

felony MassCops Member

Well, looks like now when I go on calls, I will just have the parties involved sign a waiver, saying I cannot be held personally liable for police services rendered. I will have to bring the local bank manager with me of course, to be notary public on the waiver. Along with a audio and video recording, clearly releasing me from all liability. Only then, will I act.

Kilvinsky, CCCSD and JR90 like this.
  16. mpd61

I think they'll be good to go...............
    Until 0ne to three years later when their certification will run out, at which time they'll have to meet WHATEVER new standards the CPTC comes up with relative to FT or Bridge academy. Then again, it's all phukkin speculation cuz this was rushed and seems impractical in many aspects.

Foxy85, Goose, jjm98 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

Just to touch on this - seems like it’s gonna be a shit show. We have guys working PT with a 120 Hour long academy and guys working with the most current academy of nearly 400 hours.

where do you figure out the bridge academy hours needed to become certified?

what about guys (specials) who just work details? Will we have a separate “auxiliary academy”...

So vague. Any insight is appreciated.

18. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

My prediction is part-time and auxiliary officer already working will be grandfathered in with a caveat of further training required to bring them up to par. Any and all new hires must have a full time academy to work as a police officer in the commonwealth. We may also see a push toward regionalization of smaller police departments, I don't think we are done with part time guys all together, but if you want to work PT, AUX, ect. you must have the fulltime academy at the time of your appointment.

CCCSD, mpd61 and jjm98 like this.
  19. devenob

devenob 2300

Well a friend of mine who was scheduled to start the PT academy run out of quinsig got put on hold pending the decision

20. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Did they have to pass the law to find out what was in it...again?

Joel98, mpd61 and CCCSD like this.
  21. Tailon630

Tailon630 MassCops Member

https://www.masscopaction.com/

Here’s another attempt to “appeal” to Baker to veto or change the bill... send an email doesn’t hurt I guess

mpd61 likes this.
  22. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Emailed! Never hurts.

mpd61 likes this.
  23. mpd61

Done

CCCSD likes this.
  24. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

25. NEPS

NEPS 75th N.H.P.A.

Not so fast... in the bill, constables must go to an academy if they want to make any sort of arrest.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020