SEMA 2007: 1970 Dodge Challenger packing a Viper V10 | MassCops

SEMA 2007: 1970 Dodge Challenger packing a Viper V10

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by cc3915, Mar 23, 2012.

1. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

I'm a sucker for restomods as well as anything with the Viper V10, so this two-tone 1970 Challenger in the Dodge display was right up my Mopar alley. Built by Delaney Auto Designs of Shreveport, LA, this modified Mopar features a Mopar Performance V10 crate engine pumping out 585 horsepower mated to a Tremec 6-speed manual transmission. An independent rear suspension is also sourced from the Viper, and brakes have been upgraded to Wilwood front and rear discs. Paint was done by PPG and is a mix of Dodge SRT8 black and Lamborghini yellow. Click on the gallery link to view high resolution shots from the show floor.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/01/sema-2007-1970-dodge-challenger-packing-a-viper-v10/

[​IMG]

Marks72 and kwflatbed like this.
  2. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Boner inducing! I'd go with either the yellow or the black, but not both. Two tones on a muscle car don't do it for me.

3. Marks72

Marks72 Appreciative Member

Agree Johnny. That puppy would be that much sweeter all black. Man, that would look nice in my garage parked next to the Elky. 'Parked' only at night though, cause I'd be cruisin/melting the hides during the daytime. Sweet ride....

USMCMP5811 and Johnny Law like this.
  4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I hate to see vintage cars desecrated like that.

5. mopar6972

mopar6972 Subscribing Member

My first car was a 1972 challenger- and I agree with Delta, I would never desecrate a car like that..

Delta784 likes this.
  6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Not a fan of the V-10... Or how they sound. If they used a 6.1 from the SRT's and supercharged it, same power result. Then at least it's still a hemi v8, just more modern, to maintain at least some heritage with the car.

7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I prefer the 440 Six-Pack.....much easier to tune, and just looks badass with the three carbs.

One of my dream cars is a 1969 Plymouth Road Runner with the 440 Six-Pack.

USMCMP5811 likes this.