Self Sponser in MPTC Academy | MassCops

Self Sponser in MPTC Academy

Discussion in 'Civil Service' started by Lt. Aldo, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Lt. Aldo

Lt. Aldo New Member

currently in an MPTC academy as a self sponser. Looking to get hired asap. Any advice on how to go about this while in the academy? Can I fill slots for departments that had recruits drop out of the academy I am in?

2. WMA7787

WMA7787 MassCops Member

Fill in slots for department drop outs? Is that really how you think it works?

Best advice for you is to focus on the completion of your academy.

3. AB7

AB7 MassCops Member

I’m sorry for posting this twice in the same day but...

upload_2020-9-4_10-45-55.jpeg

zm88 and CCCSD like this.
  4. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

1. Proof read (sponsor v. sponser)
    2. You're wayyyy ahead of yourself based on your posts here.
    3. Complete the phukkin academy, then come back for real tangible advice, there will be plenty and it'll be more relevant then than now. Focus on where you are now...........................

triplethreat, zm88, CCCSD and 2 others like this.
  5. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

Give the guy a break, hes in the academy and already a Lt. Obviously a raising star.

Goose, CCCSD and EUPD377 like this.
  6. Tailon630

Tailon630 MassCops Member

Just apply everywhere and tell them you’re in the academy. Take every test and send out every application.. had a guy that got hired mid academy they started paying him too

7. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

You only have 2 years to get a job. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR90, CCCSD and EUPD377 like this.
  8. Drebbin

Drebbin MassCops Member

First concentrate on graduating. Then apply non civil service departments and dont rule out going out of state. Once you have the full academy you may only have to take an abbreviated academy with some out of state agencies. Good Luck

9. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

As others have said, focus on graduating and put in for every place you can. If you have to do a couple years at a tiny private college or similar place that isn’t your first choice, just be happy you have a job in LE and your certification is being kept alive.

Goose and Drebbin like this.