Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I work here as a Security Supervisor. Great place to work. Pay is very very good for a Security job. Schedule is difficult to get used to. If you have any questions feel free to ask, If you have an Interview it will most likely be with me. Hope to hear from anyone.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,832 Posts
Danielle, does QMC still have a "no hands on" policy when dealing with combative patients and unruly visitors?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well hello Danielle, looks like you figured me out, assuming you arent confusing me for another Winthropite who worked for you even longer ago. For the record you were one of the supervisors I enjoyed working with most. And I didn't mean to imply that I was by any means an expert on the position, nor did I intend to discourage anyone from applying by my reply. I just offered up my honest opinion on the 9 months I spent there two years ago. I have worked other jobs for as little as 3 months and as long as 7 1/2 years so I think any experience working someplace counts for something. I have since moved on to the EMS field. No need for hostility.

So anyone else who wants any info, feel free to speak with her, she has been there far longer than I was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did not mean to be hostile but I'm sure you are aware that some poeple give the place a bad rap and it is no means like that (Or I still would not be there) I guess I become defensive I'm sorry

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not at all, actually with the way the world is now and with the huge drug issue in Quincy it has become the most hands on than I have seen and I have been there 6 years. We do try to de-escalate as much as possible but as I am sure you are aware it does not always work.

Danielle, does QMC still have a "no hands on" policy when dealing with combative patients and unruly visitors?

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Are you kidding me..how long ago did they have a no hands on policy..Thats crazy..I worked Hospital Security for 4 yrs and we literally had a minimum of 4 or 5 violent restraints a week..S.I, H.I, drugs,drunks...all our guys had the Reserve Academy we carried o.c spray, batons ,cuffs, and most were sworn specials..I would never work in E.R that was like that...I got sucker punched a few times,bit,kicked,spit at, shit and piss thrown at me...I even had my feelings hurt a few times...

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Are you kidding me..how long ago did they have a no hands on policy..Thats crazy..I worked Hospital Security for 4 yrs and we literally had a minimum of 4 or 5 violent restraints a week..S.I, H.I, drugs,drunks...all our guys had the Reserve Academy we carried o.c spray, batons ,cuffs, and most were sworn specials..I would never work in E.R that was like that...I got sucker punched a few times,bit,kicked,spit at, shit and piss thrown at me...I even had my feelings hurt a few times...
But what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger

·
Stirrer of the Pot
4,338 Posts
Sean you still get your feelings hurt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I actually went there today to see if they looked over my app. The lady at HR told me that they switched it over to over night shift from 11pm-8am today.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I worked at Nashoba Valley and it was the worst. they dont have a locked unit and those pricks wanted to fight every shift. the local PDs would just dump off their drunks there and they would be "sectioned" just so they didnt have 2 PC them.
I hope you have your valid babysitter cert if u plan on getting into hospital security, cuz thats what it is baby!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I work for a hospital PT for extra money....Not being much extra, but who doesn't have 2 jobs in this day and age....

I will say this, when nothing is going on, you are over paid for your job. But when the 350lb jacked Section 12 decides he doesn't want to be in the care of the hospital anymore, the job suddenly becomes VERY under paid. If you're lucky enough to be a Campus P.D. for a hosp., you have the tools to deal with the idiots.....If you're the lowly security guard with just a radio and your hands, then you hope for the best.

I will say this though... The job def. teaches one how to deal with people of all sorts, from one end of the spectrum to the other. Good experience in learning how to defuse situations.....

Good luck to all who apply...

·
MassCops Member
535 Posts
I worked as an EMT for years and you could not pay me to do security as Quincy Medical. If you want to work security at least go to Mass General or BCH(if they call it that anymore)!!
Private security is work is terrible!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
In regards to this posting, it seems that the FT position has been filled based on their website. I have been trying to get a security job at a hospital for well over a year now, but no such luck, not even the small community hospitals near me. I have about given up because I know around me what the turnover rate is, at least if they gave me a chance, I would stick around for more than a few weeks, I need a job.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts