Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

This has to do somewhat with police services. My question is, has anyone worked for or have any information on a place called Allied Barton Security. My 9-5 job is not what I want and with the whole massachusetts "process," would this be a good gig. Was wondering rotations, sheifts, pay, etc? Any info would be great.

Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
I've heard of them before but I don't know much about them. If you are looking for a security job that would be good experience for a future career in LE, I would reccomend applying at a busy hospital. I have worked as a lead officer at Quincy Medical Center for 2 years now and have found it to be very beneficial. Our operations manager runs a very professional department and we are on of the highest paid medical security departments in the state with differential pay. We do have a couple positions open. Many people in our dept. move on to other jobs such as police, fire, federal, ect. PM me with any questions so we can avoid the "security bashing" knuckleheads.

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
nixon3535";p="52595 said:
Hello:

This has to do somewhat with police services. My question is, has anyone worked for or have any information on a place called Allied Barton Security. My 9-5 job is not what I want and with the whole massachusetts "process," would this be a good gig. Was wondering rotations, sheifts, pay, etc? Any info would be great.

Thanks
Allied/Barton are pretty good, especially if you do the prudential center. But if you get a hospital gig where you can move up to hospital police that's even better.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would say if you can get any job that is related to the field would be valuable experience, at the time may not seem so, but in the end it works out. Could be awhile before you or see the light of day on getting accepted to a department. Some if not many of us are still waiting. Some experience is better than none while waiting. Just my :2c:

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Hey Channey1984 I thought the prud had thier own in house P.D I remember even after rule 400 they still had Police on thier cars and they were BSO. Was that Allied/Barton the whole time and still the same or has it since cotracted out to them?

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Macop";p="53953 said:
Hey Channey1984 I thought the prud had thier own in house P.D I remember even after rule 400 they still had Police on thier cars and they were BSO. Was that Allied/Barton the whole time and still the same or has it since cotracted out to them?
The Pru is currently manned by Barton Security services. The particular position is different than most security positions, requiring extensive training and experience and I understand it pays pretty well also. I believe they are Boston Specials also

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Macop";p="53953 said:
It's Allied/Barton but they go under the title of Prudential Center Security.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
Allied and Barton merged about a year ago. I interviewed a few times with them. Twice I was up for a management position with the Pru staff but was beat out both times by someone with a little more experience. Anyway, they pay very well. I was told by the Division Commander that he had Officers routinely making $50k a year. That was for the Enhanced Security Team which requires alot of experience and at least an Associates degree. Many are also Boston Specials.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used to work along with Pru security. The brass up there have powers of arrest but very rarely use them due to BPD always being around. They have multiple dept's. garage security, mall security, and general Boston Properties property. Which is mainly the mall the pru tower, walkin bridge which is connected to Avalon Apartments and I'm pretty sure a few buildings around there. In general a good group of guys once and a while you run into a bad seed. As for the brass carryin no idea, The guys in the cruisers are always unarmed

·
Registered
66 Posts
ejk55";p="54372 said:
What is an enhanced security team? Is it security that specializes in high rise buliding response?
I'm not sure what they call it - but they do have a team there focused on anti-terrorism issues - as the Prudential tower is a major Boston landmark - the underground parking, as well as the attached Sheraton hotel and the nearby housing make quite an attractive target.

B

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.