Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya I'm happy with my New (last year) vest! Lets see 20% degradation of the material? Am I safe? How many of you got letters and then got another one with the pro-rated offer?
:shock:

At least Now Mr. Reilly can stop going after guns and use consumer safety to really "save" lives!!!!

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
My understanding is the company offers a 5 year warranty. Warranties usually cover craftsmanship and defective parts/materials. I think this qualifies for defective. So how can they not replace it? Why have a warranty if you won't honor it? I wonder how many other states will/have file(d) a suit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think the AG is grandstanding. Second Chance replaced our vests (MSP). I received my new replacement vest yesterday. Warranty should cover replacement. Have departments had issues trying to replace vests that are still under warranty?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SRRerg said:
I think the AG is grandstanding. Second Chance replaced our vests (MSP). I received my new replacement vest yesterday. Warranty should cover replacement. Have departments had issues trying to replace vests that are still under warranty?
Absolutely Buddy!
I got a letter from Second Chance stating they would replace me 100% no problem. (State Purchased vest 2002) then about three (3) weeks later I get a letter offering to "pro-rate" replace my Vest. I'll have to pay a percentage out-of-pocket. NICE!!
:eek:nfire:

·
Registered
181 Posts
My apologies to the Attorney General, sounds like the bean counters at second chance figured out what it may cost to replace everyone. Is your department trying to get it replaced, or is it up to you? I think that may be what helped us, our armorer dealt with Second Chance for the whole department. Pro-rating a vest is BS, it's not a car, it either works or it doesn't.

Good luck, stay safe - have you at least received the upgrade-inserts?

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
A friend of Mine is a Local PO, the dept. had to BUY new vests (pro-rated) as second chance would not replace them....

SRReg, I'm sure they replaced the MSP's... you're the biggest customer in the state... but the TOWNS are getting shafted.

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
SRRRRRR...

Did you get a brandy new vest or just the inserts? We were initially offered the inserts (which I assume would bulk up the vest and may not fit the carrier as well) or a discount on a Monarch vest. I always loved the Ultima, little concerned now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.