Seattle Officer Shot Dead | Page 2 | MassCops

Seattle Officer Shot Dead

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by Inspector, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Harley387

Harley387 MassCops Member

My sentiments exactly!

2. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

While the Seattle Police Department will today issue a release on the suspect shot in connection with the killing of officer Brenton, I have noted a few news sources have been running about speaking with "sources," (usually neighbors) about the suspect. Here is one newspaper's coverage.

Sources: Suspect had studied law enforcement at UW

3. Tango

Tango Subscribing Member

One of the first comments posted with one of the slideshows...I hate people..

Posted by LOL at 11/6/09 12:23 p.m.

My condolences to the officers family, friends and co-workers. A tragedy...but...

Is it really necessary to tie up an entire city to honor one fallen police officer? A bit excessive and a waste of taxpayers dollars. How many civilians that are killed by officers in error are given the same recognition?

I appreciate all that the police do, but there are limits to everything and this is one of those limits.

God bless Tim Brenton. May he rest in peace.

Report violation

4. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Something tells me that he can't be called a Rookie anymore. He lives to fight another day, and that is the silver lining to this story.

5. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I thought Officer Brenton's rookie was a female. Anyway, she isn't a rook anymore. And to the douchebag that's crying about tax dollars being wasted when we honor our dead....Fuck Off! Most, if not all, officers there are there on their own time, whether they use comp, vac., emer. sick or just beg for the time off to go to a fellow officer's funeral. In short, eat my shaven ass hairs you ignorant dickless lunatic!

6. DJM1968

DJM1968 MassCops Member

I would submit that the officer in question gave no less of his life in service to his community than a certain recently-deceased Senator did for his--and we ended up "shutting down" half a State for that Senator.

Some people have all the depth of a petri dish. :mad:

7. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Dude, you shave your ass?

8. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

The official press release concerning the suspect:

On the afternoon of November 6th , 2009, Seattle Police Homicide detectives received a tip about a Datsun 210 matching the description of a possible suspect vehicle used in the slaying of Officer Tim Brenton. Detectives responded to a parking lot in the 13700 block of 56th Avenue South in Tukwila. While detectives were investigating the scene further an adult male suspect emerged and pointed a gun at them. Detectives fired on the suspect in self defense, striking him at least once. The suspect was taken into custody and transported to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. No detectives were injured.
    The Tukwila Police Department is handling the crime scene investigation and the King County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit is conducting the officer-involved shooting investigation.
    SPD detectives obtained search warrants to further examine the crime scene. Evidence located inside the suspect’s apartment included improvised explosive devices (IEDs), a rifle, and various other items of evidence. Detectives now believe that this individual is responsible for both the murder of Officer Brenton, the attempted murder of Officer Sweeney, and the arson attack on October 22nd at the Charles Street facility. Detectives are asking the Prosecutor’s Office for formal charges. The Datsun that detectives were looking for is registered to the suspect. Our investigation into the murder of Officer Tim Brenton and attempted murder of Officer Britt Sweeney continues and we are still receiving and following up on tips. We have received numerous tips from the public and we encourage everyone to continue to call us with any information they may have regarding this investigation.

SEATTLE POLICE DEPARTMENT

9. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Cuts down on the cinnamon ring irritation

10. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

LMFAO

11. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Update:

Formal charges expected in Seattle police killing

AP
    posted: 46 MINUTES AGO

SEATTLE -The man accused in the Halloween-night shooting death of a Seattle policeman remains hospitalized, and authorities were expected to talk more about why they believe the suspect is a domestic terrorist who held a grudge against law enforcement.

Formal charges expected in Seattle police killing