Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else get there test results for the sept. 24 exam? whats next in the prosses and how long before i hear something?

thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
stevemoney12 said:
anyone else get there test results for the sept. 24 exam? whats next in the prosses and how long before i hear something?

thanks
I got mine.......HORRIBLE! Won't even admit my score (I did pass)........don't get it.....every other exam I score high and this one I F'd up! :wm:

I found it to be kinda tough......much harder than the PO exam or Firefighter exam :/:

·
Registered
80 Posts
No, you don't need a 95-100. I have people in my class with low 70's. They will probably be sending out cards in a few weeks. Alot of people are failing the Physical entrance requirements so you have a pretty good chanceof getting called for the Feb class.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got an 83 on the exam before sept. I had the BI come out last Tuesday and I am waiting to hear from there. You can go to the HRD website and check your standing like you can with the po positions. This last academy I got a card to do the pt and passed but I was around 976 on the list. After this class went in I jumped to 246 so hang in there you guys will probably get a card.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I believe the test scores are valid until the next test is given and the list from the new test is activated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your name will stay on the list the whole time, even after new tests are given. The DOC is so hard up for new recruits that they just keep adding names to the list. But the more they have tests and people score higher than you, the more your name will drop down the list, so keep taking them when offered.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1 more thing, don't go by the DOC Standings list, my name was on there till about a week ago, and I graduated the academy yesterday. Human resources is pretty slow at taking names off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dogma20001 said:
1 more thing, don't go by the DOC Standings list, my name was on there till about a week ago, and I graduated the academy yesterday. Human resources is pretty slow at taking names off.
When do you start? Sunday or Monday?

G

·
I got a 90 on the sept 24 exam. I was wondering how the process works next. Specifically, we get a card telling us what? When would the physical test be? Are you on the list before the test? When is the psych, medical and drug test? What are my chances with a 90? My friend got an 84 as well. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Your chances should be pretty good, as well as your friend. I got an 83 and have received a card twice. First step you will receive a card asking you to go to Norfolk to sign the list. Once there they will give you the application and you will fill out a couple of papers. After that you will receive a letter in the mail (usually a couple of weeks) asking you to call and they will give you a date and time to show up for the pt. The pt is an all day affair, you will do sit ups and push ups, then go do the 1 1/2 mile run. If you pass all that you go back and shower, put on your suit and take a psych test. During the test you will leave from time to time to do your fingerprinting, urine and hair samples, and oral board. You will also sign up for a time to go meet with the psych doctor.
One thing for sure be ready for the pt. The two times I went we lost half the class after the pushups and sit ups. Then we lost a few more after the run.

·
Registered
174 Posts
stevemoney12 said:
i just received an application packet an some paper work why did i not get a card to go to Norfolk to sign?
I got the same thing too......the waiver for the Criminal records check and an App. packet for when and if I am to continue in the process. WTF?

The waiver form has to be in by the 18th of November..........what's the deal with getting this instead of a card to go sign? :whaasup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Steve$$, FJMas and others,

I'm certainly not a spokesperson for HRD, but did ya's ever go to Norfolk to sign the list in the last few years? HRD might be going straight to the packet if you already signed the list on a past exam years ago and they are now reaching that test score. I keep hearing different stories about these "roll over" exams for the people that have taken the test in the past.

There really isn't a lot people taking these test so I'm only going to guess that if you took the exam awhile ago, signed the list at Norfolk thinking it was for that test only, you could actually get the packet to fill out.

If ya's never signed the list period, then I'm just as lost as you. And I work for this silly department!

This is a ever changing department. I can only offer what I know for what I went through awhile ago. To which, can be completely different to the way things are done now.

My strongest suggestion and best advice I can make is call HRD or take the trip to HRD with a list of questions and talk to them. Every time I've dealt with them they have always been kind as to anwsering questions about the hiring process. The can't answer questions about the academy itself. Save questions on the academy for this great site.

·
Registered
174 Posts
stevemoney12 said:
ya i've never went to norfolk to sign anything i n the past.this was the first time i took the test
:dito: This is the first CO 1 test I took and I never received a card to go sign. :huh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.