Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my test score from HRD's website this morning. Does anybody know a good score is it like the PO exam where you need a 98 to get hired or is it diffrent? I have VET prefrence so obviousley that will help. I was looking to see if anyone out there had the inside scoop. Thanks guys for your help good luck to everyone on there scores.

Billy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, how good is good (score wise) for the DOC? Also, with all of the classes they have pushed through recently, will they still be hiring??

Billy5715";p="63998 said:
I got my test score from HRD's website this morning. Does anybody know a good score is it like the PO exam where you need a 98 to get hired or is it diffrent? I have VET prefrence so obviousley that will help. I was looking to see if anyone out there had the inside scoop. Thanks guys for your help good luck to everyone on there scores.

Billy

·
Banned
340 Posts
Unlike the Police officer CS exam it was only 80 questions. I think I got 75 out of 80(there were 5 questions on that test that are still kicking my ass). I too have veteran preference.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
ProudAmerican";p="64096 said:
... I think I got 75 out of 80(there were 5 questions on that test that are still kicking my ass). I too have veteran preference.
Proud Am - If you have an interest in the Massachusetts DOC; Take look through some of the topics in the main Corrections Forum. Over the last 6 Months or so, some of the veterans of the department have been very generous with their time and efforts. A LOT of very valuable information has been imparted to the group members. I think you will find some of their posts invaluable in terms of what the Mass. DOC is looking for in a candidate and how to prepare yourself for the interview & physical fitness test... Best of Luck to you, KK :thumbup:

·
Banned
340 Posts
KozmoKramer";p="64107 said:
ProudAmerican";p="64096 said:
... I think I got 75 out of 80(there were 5 questions on that test that are still kicking my ass). I too have veteran preference.
Proud Am - If you have an interest in the Massachusetts DOC; Take look through some of the topics in the main Corrections Forum. Over the last 6 Months or so, some of the veterans of the department have been very generous with their time and efforts. A LOT of very valuable information has been imparted to the group members. I think you will find some of their posts invaluable in terms of what the Mass. DOC is looking for in a candidate and how to prepare yourself for the interview & physical fitness test... Best of Luck to you, KK :thumbup:
Thanks for the heads up Kozmo. I'll be sure to check it out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For the latest update from what I heard this week is, the DOC will have another class go through possible as early as this July, so be ready. Big Irish is correct about the back grounds being done now.

Current Lt.’s are working out their transfers and very soon to follow are the promotions from Sgt. to Lt. Once that is done then CO’s will be promoted to Sgt. Then you will need even more CO’s to back fill those that were promoted to Sgt. So you could see 2 or more classes go through this year.

Kozmo good heads up on checking other posts. A lot of info out there!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Big Irish : I was at the Academy today. A D.I. told me they already have a class of fifty scheduled to start 6 June 2005. Gate they are doing backgrounds after the P.A.T. and drug screening which makes sense. It seems the process is allot quicker this way. JGH

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got my card today. Is the PAT done when I go sign the list, or at another time??? :?: :?:

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
My card says to just come in to interview before June 24. Is this the actual interview like an oral board or is it something else?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Channy & Jyanis,

The little post card type notification ya's got in the mail is to sign the list that you will accept appointment (take the job). It's in Norfolk right? HRD just wants to make sure you're still interested in the job.

There won't be any PAT or interviews at this stage. After signing the list, you'll be called back to Norfolk again for the back ground check, paper work to be completed.

Upon passing that, then you will be notified of the interview / PAT. It's a fast process so be ready to take a day off from your current job here and there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Channy1984";p="66688 said:
My card says to just come in to interview before June 24. Is this the actual interview like an oral board or is it something else?
Channy,
Unless it has changed if I were you. I would try to get there as soon as you can. I waited until a day before the deadline and found out that a twenty page packet needed to be filled out no later than 5:00 PM that next day. The packet was for references and a few essay questions that will pop up again at a later interview. This was seven years ago so I am not sure if that has changed all I know is I had to mail it overnight to make the deadline. GateKeeper is right a lot of stuff will be coming quickly. If you have not started to exercise start tomorrow. And when you are called for a interview it is ussually short notice. You will have about ten weeks to get ready. Good luck.JGH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.